Downton Abbey Private Tour
On this day long Downton Abbey Tour you will travel from London to visit the charming Oxfordshire village that was used as Downton Village and explore Highclere locations that was used for Downton Abbey and its beautiful grounds. Learn about the 1000 year history of Highclere Castle and life 'above and below stairs.'
You'll be able to wander around the estate run by fictional character Lord Grantham. We will visit the 'Above Stairs' part of Downton Abbey where you will be able to imagine life as it was over 100 years ago and enter the world of the aristocratic Crawley family and their servants.
Get fascinating anecdotes about how the ITV series was made, the actors involved and the wonderful history of the places we visit on the tour. There will be plenty of opportunities to take pictures and explore the film locations throughout the day.
- Visit the Oxfordshire village used as Downton village and see where the church, village fair and hospital scenes were made.
- Wander around the 'Above Stairs' rooms of the property used as Downton Abbey including the drawing room, main hall and library where many of the dramatic scenes involving the Crawley family were filmed.
- Enjoy a stroll around the picturesque grounds of Downton Abbey and get beautiful views of the nineteenth century house.
- See inside the bedroom where Lady Mary is seduced by the rather handsome Turkish diplomat Mr Pamuk and where he suffers a premature and suspicious demise.
- Pick-up and drop-off from central London hotels
- Driver / guide
- Entry to the House, the gardens and the grounds
- Entry to Egyptian exhibition (payable on the day of the tour)
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Personal expenses
- DISCLAIMER: This tour is not an official 'Downton Abbey' event and is not endorsed, sanctioned or in any other way supported, directly or indirectly by Carnival Films, NBC Universal or Julian Fellowes and his representatives.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.