San Jose is a relaxed traditional Mexican town graced by it's renovated idyllic main plaza, the old Mission dating back to 1730's and the historical Hacienda-style buildings housing colorful galleries. The art galleries of San Jose tend to be concentrated on two main streets that traverse the main sections of town.
During the months of November through June, every Thursday, an event called the Walking Art takes place in which all of the galleries are open to display their artwork. Several offer appetizers and wine in a lively atmosphere.
If you have a Thursday open during your vacation, don't make other plans and come and join us for this graceful event organized by the Galleries. And if you can't join us on a Thursday, don't worry, we have Tuesday available as well and our experienced bilingual guides will skillfully introduce you to the intricacies of this great cultural magnet known as the Art District of San Jose.
- Galeria de Ida Victoria: Original works of art and custom frame studio
- Old Town Gallery: Mexico trough the eyes of the artist
- Pez Gordo: A most unusual collection of emerging artists from Los Cabos
- Dona Pitahaya: A window to customs and traditions of the Huichol culture
- Casa Don Pablo Gallery: Custom iron work, woodcarving, local history photographs
- Soraya Art Gallery: Local art, paintings, murals, faux finish and trompelo'eil
- Kaki Bassi: "My work is based on the cave paintings from the original Indians and the universal symbolism that work conveys"
These are only few of the many galleries located at the Art District in San Jose.
After the tour, prepare to enjoy a succulent dinner at one of the most popular restaurants in town. Top Mexican chefs are known for their ability to take the simple ingredients and transform them into works of art. These masters reinterpret pre-Hispanic dishes using modern techniques and new ingredients in a style called "Alta Cocina" (High Mexican Cuisine).
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off from Los Cabos Hotels
- Dinner + 1 bottled water + 1 beverage (soda, beer, margarita or wine) at a local restaurant
- 1 purified bottle of water on board the tour vehicle
- Bilingual Guide
- Guided gallery visit + wine and appetizers during tour every Thursdays (seasonal)
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Please wear casual attire and comfortable shoes (walking is involved). Don't forget also to bring your camera.
- Most places take credit cards but is recommended to bring cash for souvenirs and collectibles.