Cabo Art Galleries and Fine Dining Experience
San Jose is a relaxed traditional Mexican town graced by it's renovated idyllic main plaza, the old Mission dating back to 1730's and the historical Hacienda-style buildings housing colorful galleries. The art galleries of San Jose tend to be concentrated on two main streets that traverse the main sections of town.
During the months of November through June, every Thursday, an event called the Walking Art takes place in which all of the galleries are open to display their artwork. Several offer appetizers and wine in a lively atmosphere.
If you have a Thursday open during your vacation, don't make other plans and come and join us for this graceful event organized by the Galleries. And if you can't join us on a Thursday, don't worry, we have Tuesday available as well and our experienced bilingual guides will skillfully introduce you to the intricacies of this great cultural magnet known as the Art District of San Jose.
- Galeria de Ida Victoria: Original works of art and custom frame studio
- Old Town Gallery: Mexico trough the eyes of the artist
- Pez Gordo: A most unusual collection of emerging artists from Los Cabos
- Dona Pitahaya: A window to customs and traditions of the Huichol culture
- Casa Don Pablo Gallery: Custom iron work, woodcarving, local history photographs
- Soraya Art Gallery: Local art, paintings, murals, faux finish and trompelo'eil
- Kaki Bassi: "My work is based on the cave paintings from the original Indians and the universal symbolism that work conveys"
These are only few of the many galleries located at the Art District in San Jose.
After the tour, prepare to enjoy a succulent dinner at one of the most popular restaurants in town. Top Mexican chefs are known for their ability to take the simple ingredients and transform them into works of art. These masters reinterpret pre-Hispanic dishes using modern techniques and new ingredients in a style called "Alta Cocina" (High Mexican Cuisine).
- Hotel pickup
- Roundtrip transportation
- Dinner at one of the Mexican cuisine restaurants located on the Art District of San Jose
- 1 purified bottle of water on board the tour vehicle
- 1 beverage (soda, beer, margarita or wine)
- Guided gallery visit
- Additional beverages
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Please wear casual attire and comfortable shoes (walking is involved). Don't forget also to bring your camera.
- Most places take credit cards but is recommended to bring cash for souvenirs and collectibles.
- This tour can accommodate a maximum of 6 people.
- Tour duration is between 4 to 5 hours.
- Every Thursdays, guided gallery visit will be accompanied by complimentary appetizers and wine at several galleries.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.