Visit Escorial and see one of the Eight Wonders of the World, an imposing 16th century edifice that is the Royal Monastery of El Escorial, constructed under the order of King Phillip II based on the design of Juan Herrera. Many of the best artisans of the period also took part in its construction and it houses the Mausoleum of the Spanish Monarchs. Toledo
In the afternoon, visit the city of Toledo, a World Heritage Site and Spain's religious capital. Explore this City of Three Cultures where Christians, Moslems and Jews once lived together peacefully and admire the rich artistic and architectural wonders from all periods of Spanish history, as displayed by the old structures of the city. Valley of the Fallen
The Valley of the Fallen is a monument built as a memorial of those who died during the Spanish Civil War in 1936. Located in a beautiful valley in the Mountains of Guadarrama, this impressive work has a colossal cross over 150 meters high, and the Basilica and Crypt excavated in the hard rock under the mountain.
- Primate Cathedral
- Church of Saint Tome
- Saint Juan de los Reyes Church
- Damascene manufacturing
- El Escorial Monastery
- Valley of the FallenLunch Options (in Toledo or in Madrid)
- Toledo: Hors d'ouvres and tapas; roasted lamb with vegetables; cake of San Marcos with fruit salad; wine, mineral water and coffee.
- Madrid: Paella; veal or fish; fruit salad.
- Children's lunch: Hors d'ouvres and tapas, escalope and chips; cake of San Marcos with fruit salad; drink and mineral water
- Transportation by deluxe motor-coaches with air-conditioning
- Multilingual tour conductor
- Optional Lunch
- Entrance fees to monuments
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children below 6 years old are free of charge.
- The day consists of two half-day tours. Passengers may choose to take one or both. Bus returns to Madrid midday to pick-up/drop-off passengers.
- Tours are guaranteed in English and Spanish. French and Italian available upon request. Please inquire.
- - Free cancellation: 8 days prior to date of activity.
- - 20% Cancellation Fee (80% reimbursement): 4 to 7 days prior to date of activity.
- - 100% cancellation Fee (No reimbursement): Less than 4 days before the date of activity.