ItineraryDay 1 (Wednesday) MADRID - TRUJILLO - LISBON
Depart from Plaza de España, 7 and drive Westbound towards the Extremadura region, a relaxing drive to Trujillo, hometown of many discoverers of the new world. While here, we'll have some free time to know its beautiful Plaza Mayor. Continue on through Portuguese soil along the Alentejo plains. Arrive over the impressive bridge 25th April to Lisbon. Capital city of Portugal. Accommodation.Day 2 (Thursday) LISBON
Breakfast. In the morning, we'll have a sightseeing tour of the ancient Olissipo, drive through its main squares and avenues, Belem Tower, Jeronimos Monastery, Coach Museum, Monument to the Discoveries, Marquis of Pombal Square, Liberty Avenue and the Alfama quarter. During the afternoon, you'll have some free time at your leisure. Accommodation. Day 3 (Friday) LISBON - OBIDOS - ALCOBAZA - NAZARE - BATALHA - FATIMA
Breakfast. Afterwards, we'll drive northland and arrive at our first point of interest: the beautiful walled town of Óbidos with its picturesque streets and the Pousada do Castelo. We will then travel on to Alcobaça to visit a 12th century church containing the tombs of Pablo and Inês de Castro. For lunch, we will go to Nazaré - the most colorful of Portuguese fishing villages. If possible, we will then travel on to the Sitio to have a panoramic view of the beach and the village. In the afternoon we will visit the Batalha Monastery, a masterpiece of the Gothic and Manueline style considered a heritage of humanity by UNESCO. Continue to Fátima. Arrival and accommodation.Day 4 (Saturday) FATIMA - LISBON
After breakfast at the hotel, the day will be free at your disposal for activities in Fátima. This city is a center of Christian faith and world pilgrimage. Opt to visit the church where the tombstones of Lucia, Jacinta and Francisco are, as well as the Chapel of Apparitions, heart of the shrine. You will have time to attend a mass. At the end of the day we will return to Lisbon through the colorful farming region. Arrival and accommodation.Day 5 (Sunday) LISBON - CACERES - MADRID
Breakfast and departure to Caceres (World Heritage City) because of the city's blend of Roman, Islamic, Northern Gothic and Italian Renaissance architecture. We will walk through its Plaza Mayor and the Old Town with its Medieval Quarter. Continue to Madrid where our tour ends.Hotel List
- Tourist Class:
Salamanca - Gran Corona (Until 31 March 2016)
Lisbon - Roma (Until 31 March 2016) / Lutecia (Starting 01 April 2016)
Fatima - Sao Jose
- First Class*:
Salamanca - Alameda Palace (Until 31 March 2016)
Lisbon - Santa Maria (Until 31 March 2016) / Lutecia (Starting 01 April 2016)
Fatima - Lutecia (Until 31 March 2016) / Santa Maria (Starting 01 April 2016)Rates quoted are for the listed hotels and are subject to change depending on availability.
- Guided visits as shown in the itinerary and Lisbon
- Tour Escort during the tour
- Air conditioned deluxe motor-coach
- Accommodation in selected class
- Daily Breakfast
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children below 4 years old are free of charge provided no seat on the bus is occupied. All their expenses during the tour will be paid for directly by their parents. A child discount applies for one child aged 4 to 7 sharing a room with 2 adults. Please inquire.
- During the stay in Lisbon, there will be no tour escort service. The tour in Lisbon shall be made by regular service.
- Each person is allowed one suitcase with a weight limit of 30 kilograms (66 pounds).
- Until 25 October 2015, starting place will be at Plaza de Espana 7. Starting 26 October 2015, meeting place will be at San Nicolas Street 15.
- 45 days before the activity: 25% cancellation fee
- 16 days before the activity: 50% cancellation fee
- Less than 16 days before the activity: 100% cancellation fee