Hapsburgs was the name given to Madrid when the Hapsburg dynasty reigned in Spain. This reign began with Charles I, who enriched the city with palaces and monuments. Later, Philip II made it the capital of Spain and the city grew dramatically. The journey through the Renaissance and Baroque style buildings of this era is perhaps one of the most picturesque and representative of Madrid, proving to be a valuable learning experience. During the tour, we will stop at one of the cafes more emblematic of this popular area of Madrid, where you will be offered a drink.
The Royal Palace, meanwhile, was built in the XVIII century upon the ancient Baroque Italian style Alcassar of the Austrias. It is one of the most beautiful and well-preserved palaces in Europe and a symbol of the permanence of Madrid as the capital of the Kingdom. The Palace was the official residence of the Spanish Monarchy from 1765 to 1931. To date, the most stunning receptions of the Spanish Crown are celebrated here, such as audiences, dinner parties, signature of agreements and the traditional ceremony of presentation of Credential Letters of foreign ambassadors to His Majesty the King.
- Multilingual official guide
- Free drink at an emblematic Cafe during the tour
- Entrance to Royal Palace
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Personal expenses
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children below 6 years old are free of charge. Lunch and consumptions to be paid by the parents directly.
- This tour may be cancelled on days that the Royal Palace could be closed for official events.
- This tour is subject to weather conditions.
- Please wear comfortable shoes.
- This tour has a 2 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met.
- Tour will be operated as a guaranteed Small Group Tour with a maximum of 12 guests.