Small Group Hapsburgs Walking Tour + Royal Palace
Hapsburgs was the name given to Madrid when the Hapsburg dynasty reigned in Spain. This reign began with Charles I, who enriched the city with palaces and monuments. Later, Philip II made it the capital of Spain and the city grew dramatically. The journey through the Renaissance and Baroque style buildings of this era is perhaps one of the most picturesque and representative of Madrid, proving to be a valuable learning experience. During the tour, we will stop at one of the cafes more emblematic of this popular area of Madrid, where you will be offered a drink.
The Royal Palace, meanwhile, was built in the XVIII century upon the ancient Baroque Italian style Alcassar of the Austrias. It is one of the most beautiful and well-preserved palaces in Europe and a symbol of the permanence of Madrid as the capital of the Kingdom. The Palace was the official residence of the Spanish Monarchy from 1765 to 1931. To date, the most stunning receptions of the Spanish Crown are celebrated here, such as audiences, dinner parties, signature of agreements and the traditional ceremony of presentation of Credential Letters of foreign ambassadors to His Majesty the King.
- Sightseeing tour
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Personal expenses
- Children below 6 years old are free of charge. Lunch and consumptions to be paid by the parents directly.
- This tour may be cancelled on days that the Royal Palace could be closed for official events.
- This tour is subject to weather conditions.
- Please wear comfortable shoes.
- This tour has a 2 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met.
- Tour will be operated as a guaranteed Small Group Tour with a maximum of 12 guests.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.