Visit Escorial and see one of the Eight Wonders of the World, an imposing 16th century edifice that is the Royal Monastery of El Escorial, constructed under the order of King Phillip II based on the design of Juan Herrera. Many of the best artisans of the period also took part in its construction and it houses the Mausoleum of the Spanish Monarchs.
In the afternoon, visit the city of Toledo, a World Heritage Site and Spain's religious capital. Explore this City of Three Cultures where Christians, Moslems and Jews once lived together peacefully and admire the rich artistic and architectural wonders from all periods of Spanish history, as displayed by the old structures of the city.
Valley of the Fallen
The Valley of the Fallen is a monument built as a memorial of those who died during the Spanish Civil War in 1936. Located in a beautiful valley in the Mountains of Guadarrama, this impressive work has a colossal cross over 150 meters high, and the Basilica and Crypt excavated in the hard rock under the mountain.
- Primate Cathedral
- Church of Saint Tome
- Saint Juan de los Reyes Church
- Damascene manufacturing
- El Escorial Monastery
- Valley of the Fallen
Lunch Options (in Toledo or in Madrid)
- Toledo: Hors d'ouvres and tapas; roasted lamb with vegetables; cake of San Marcos with fruit salad; wine, mineral water and coffee.
- Madrid: Paella; veal or fish; fruit salad.
- Children's lunch: Hors d'ouvres and tapas, escalope and chips; cake of San Marcos with fruit salad; drink and mineral water
- Transportation by deluxe motor-coaches with air-conditioning
- Multilingual tour conductor
- Optional Lunch
- Entrance fees to monuments
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 6 years old are free of charge.
- The day consists of two half-day tours. Passengers may choose to take one or both. Bus returns to Madrid midday to pick-up/drop-off passengers.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
"I had a fabulous time, the tour guides were excellent. I enjoyed the extensive knowledge the tour guides shared. I was impressed with the English of the tour guides, they did an excellent job. I look forward to my next tour! My only criticism was the lunch, it wasn't for me but it didn't ruin my day:) "
La Shanna C., USA