We start the day with a drive up to the picturesque city of Tagaytay. Located on a ridge 2,250 feet above sea level, the city offers crisp cool air and the perfect vantage point for panoramic views of Taal Lake and Taal Volcano, the "lake within a volcano within a lake within a volcano". Enjoy the best view from atop the Palace in the Sky, the rest house of late former President Ferdinand Marcos.
Lunch stop is at a restaurant overlooking the lake - the perfect atmosphere for taking in the view as we feast on local cuisine and delicacies - before we drive back down to Metro Manila.
Visit the Manila American Cemetery and Memorial in Fort Bonifacio, reputed to be the largest and most beautiful of American memorials outside the Continental United States. Get a glimpse of Makati City's bustling district on the way to the capital city of Manila, traveling via the scenic Roxas Boulevard (formerly Dewey Boulevard, in honor of American Admiral George Dewey). We also pass through Rizal Park (or Luneta), execution site of Dr. Jose Rizal, the country's national hero. The Rizal Monument, located in the park, is one of the most famous sculptural landmarks in the Philippines.
Last stop of the day is the historic "Walled City" of Intramuros, rich with church ruins, ancient walls and other relics of the Spanish Conquistadors. We will walk the cobbled streets to San Agustin Church, the oldest stone church in the country and part of the UNESCO World Heritage listed Baroque Churches of the Philippines. We will wrap up with a visit to the Spanish fortress Fort Santiago where Dr. Jose Rizal spent his last days and wrote the famous "Mi Ultimo Adios" or "My Last Farewell."
- Hotel pickup
- Airconditioned transport
- Services of an English-speaking tour guide
- All entrance fees
- Drinks during lunch
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 2 years old are free of charge.
- Children must be accompanied by at least one adult.
- Hotel pick-up may be up to an hour before departure time.
- View of Taal Volcano may be impeded by weather conditions (rain or fog).
- - Free cancellation: 8 days prior to date of activity.
- - 20% Cancellation Fee (80% reimbursement): between 4 to 7 days prior to date of activity.
- - 100% cancellation Fee (No reimbursement): Less than 4 days before the date of activity.