Manila and Tagaytay Combo - Taal Lake and Volcano Panorama and Intramuros
- See Taal Lake and Taal Volcano, "a volcano within a lake within a volcano" and the world's smallest active volcano
- Visit the Manila American War Memorial and Cemetery, the largest and most beautiful of American memorials outside the Continental U.S.
- Explore Intramuros and visit Fort Santiago and San Agustin Church, one of the UNESCO World Heritage Baroque Churches of the Philippines
- Transportation in airconditioned vehicle with Department of Tourism licensed tour guide
Type: Tours from Manila
Departs From: Manila
Meeting Point: Hotel pickup
Duration: 8 hours
Available: daily at 09:30
Product Code: 1057
The tour starts with a drive up to the picturesque city of Tagaytay. Located on a ridge 2,250 feet above sea level, the city offers panoramic views of Taal Lake and Taal Volcano, the "lake within a volcano within a lake within a volcano". This view is best savored from atop the Palace in the Sky, the rest house of late President Ferdinand Marcos. Enjoy a brief lunch stop at a local restaurant to enjoy some local cuisine and delicacies in an atmosphere designed for panoramic views.
Then we start our drive back down to Metro Manila. First stop is the American War Memorial and Cemetery, the largest and most beautiful of American memorials outside the Continental U.S. Have a glimpse of Makati's hustle and bustle as you drive past it on your way to the capital city of Manila. Go to the "Walled City" of Intramuros via scenic Roxas Boulevard (also known as Dewey Boulevard in the recent past) and passing through Rizal Park (named in memory of the country's national hero).
In Intramuros you will see ancient walls, church ruins and other relics of the Spanish Conquistadors. Travel through old cobbled streets to San Agustin Church, the oldest stone church in the country. The tours wraps up at Fort Santiago, a Spanish fortress that once watched over the entrance to Pasig River. This is where our national hero Dr. Jose Rizal spent his last days and wrote his famous "My Last Farewell."
- Hotel pickup
- Airconditioned transport
- Services of an English-speaking tour guide
- All entrance fees
- Drinks during lunch
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 2 years old are free of charge.
- Children must be accompanied by at least one adult.
- Hotel pick-up may be up to an hour before departure time.
- View of Taal Volcano may be impeded by weather conditions (rain or fog).
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 11 and below.
carlos D., Mexico
Very nice all day tour.....But the tour guide and the driver were the best.. They made my day very special.. Many thanks for them.. Philippine people very nice
May Yeng Sally C., Singapore
If you are unable to trek the volcano itself, then this is just as pleasant. You get a wonderful view of the volcano and are treated to great local food at a quality restaurant. The city part of the tour brings you to places that I never would have thought to visit (but mostly because I was alone and not sure where to go). If you want the driver to make a stop along the way as you pass other landmarks, please let them know. I was unable to do this because another pair of tourists were rushed for time. We would have gone overtime and relaxed a lot more if the couple didn't insist on getting back to their hotel at 6pm exactly. Please only do tours if you have ample time.
"A great way to see highlights of Manilla and view Tagaytay. Our tour guide and driver were both terrific and lunch was amazing. It is a long day but well worth it. We even got to see a wedding at historic church."
Jillian E., Australia