Manila City + Tagaytay Combo Tour
- See Taal Lake and Taal Volcano, "a volcano within a lake within a volcano" and the world's smallest active volcano
- Visit the Manila American War Memorial and Cemetery, the largest and most beautiful of American memorials outside the Continental U.S.
- Explore Intramuros and visit Fort Santiago and San Agustin Church, one of the UNESCO World Heritage Baroque Churches of the Philippines
- Transportation in airconditioned vehicle with Department of Tourism licensed tour guide
Type: Tours from Manila
Departs From: Manila
Meeting Point: Hotel pickup
Duration: 8 hours
Available: daily at 09:30
Product Code: 1057
We start the day with a drive up to the picturesque city of Tagaytay. Located on a ridge 2,250 feet above sea level, the city offers crisp cool air and the perfect vantage point for panoramic views of Taal Lake and Taal Volcano, the "lake within a volcano within a lake within a volcano". Enjoy the best view from atop the Palace in the Sky, the rest house of late former President Ferdinand Marcos.
Lunch stop is at a restaurant overlooking the lake - the perfect atmosphere for taking in the view as we feast on local cuisine and delicacies - before we drive back down to Metro Manila.
Visit the Manila American Cemetery and Memorial in Fort Bonifacio, reputed to be the largest and most beautiful of American memorials outside the Continental United States. Get a glimpse of Makati City's bustling district on the way to the capital city of Manila, traveling via the scenic Roxas Boulevard (formerly Dewey Boulevard, in honor of American Admiral George Dewey). We also pass through Rizal Park (or Luneta), execution site of Dr. Jose Rizal, the country's national hero. The Rizal Monument, located in the park, is one of the most famous sculptural landmarks in the Philippines.
Last stop of the day is the historic "Walled City" of Intramuros, rich with church ruins, ancient walls and other relics of the Spanish Conquistadors. We will walk the cobbled streets to San Agustin Church, the oldest stone church in the country and part of the UNESCO World Heritage listed Baroque Churches of the Philippines. We will wrap up with a visit to the Spanish fortress Fort Santiago where Dr. Jose Rizal spent his last days and wrote the famous "Mi Último Adiós" or "My Last Farewell."
- Hotel pickup
- Airconditioned transport
- Services of an English-speaking tour guide
- All entrance fees
- Drinks during lunch
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 2 years old are free of charge.
- Children must be accompanied by at least one adult.
- Hotel pick-up may be up to an hour before departure time.
- View of Taal Volcano may be impeded by weather conditions (rain or fog).
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 11 and below.
carlos D., Mexico
Very nice all day tour.....But the tour guide and the driver were the best.. They made my day very special.. Many thanks for them.. Philippine people very nice
May Yeng Sally C., Singapore
If you are unable to trek the volcano itself, then this is just as pleasant. You get a wonderful view of the volcano and are treated to great local food at a quality restaurant. The city part of the tour brings you to places that I never would have thought to visit (but mostly because I was alone and not sure where to go). If you want the driver to make a stop along the way as you pass other landmarks, please let them know. I was unable to do this because another pair of tourists were rushed for time. We would have gone overtime and relaxed a lot more if the couple didn't insist on getting back to their hotel at 6pm exactly. Please only do tours if you have ample time.