Located 75 miles (120 kilometers) northwest of metro Manila, you'll find the former American naval facility known as Subic Naval Base - touted as the biggest U.S. naval facility in the Asia-Pacific region before the eruption of Mt. Pinatubo in 1991 forced the early pull-out of American troops. Since then, the area had been converted into a modern free port and tourism zone.
Depart early from Metro Manila, passing through the provinces of Bulacan and Pampanga. Along the way, you will have a chance to witness the wrath brought by the 1991 eruption of Mt. Pinatubo, considered the strongest volcanic eruption in the last century. Pass through the town of Bacolor in Pampanga, which was almost buried by lahar flows in 1995. The tour continues towards the province of Zambales where Subic Bay is located. Included in your itinerary is a stop at the JEST Camp (Jungle Environmental Survival Training Camp) where indigenous people called "Aetas" demonstrate survival skills in a tropical rain forest. You also have a chance to encounter tigers and other animals at the Zoobic Safari, including a ride through the Tiger Enclosure.
- Hotel pickup
- Airconditioned Transport
- Services of an English-speaking Tour Guide
- All entrance fees
- Lunch at Subic Base Freeport Zone
- Drinks during lunch
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 2 years old are free of charge.
- Children must be accompanied by at least one adult.
- Hotel pick-up may be up to an hour before departure time.
- - Free cancellation: 8 days prior to date of activity.
- - 20% Cancellation Fee (80% reimbursement): 4 to 7 days prior to date of activity.
- - 100% cancellation Fee (No reimbursement): Less than 4 days before the date of activity.