Visit the medieval town of Marrakech. Founded in 1062, it is the second oldest imperial city in Morocco. It has witnessed the history and cultural richness that define the whole country. Discover the 'Pearl of the South' during a city tour that includes Koutoubia Minaret, Bahia Palace and the Saadian Tombs.
One of the most impressive sights in Marrakech, the Koutoubia is one of the largest, most beautiful mosques in the western Muslim world. Its 225 foot tall minaret is a Hispano-Moresque masterpiece that is very similar to the Giralda of Seville.
El Bahia Palace was built in the late 19th century in a two acre garden. It is a haphazard arrangement of secret luxury apartments opening to inner courtyards. For seven years around a thousand craftsmen from the Fez region worked on the palace. The only sections open to the public are the apartments of the sultan's favorite concubine, the council chamber (with tiled walls and illuminated cedarwood ceiling) and the great central courtyard (paved with marble and decorated with zelliges and fountains).
The Saadian Tombs with their delicate decorations and pure architectural lines are considered by many to be a beautiful feat of architecture. They were first built to house the tombs of the Saadian Sultan, Ahmed el Mansour. In 1591 the first "koubba" (dome on the top of a mosque) of this burial ground was built south of the Casbah.
At the base of the Atlas Mountains lie the Menara Gardens. Covering an area of 250 acres, they are full of olive trees surrounding a large central lake that dates back from the 12th century and is fed by a network of irrigation channels. At the water's edge is a small Saadian pavilion. With the snow covered peaks behind it, this is a breathtaking sight in the evening when it catches the golden rays of the setting sun.
- Guided tour of Marrakech
- Koutoubia mosque & Menara Garden
- Saadian Tombs & Bahia Palace
- All taxes and fees
- Pick-up from centrally located hotels in the Gueliz and Hivernage areas or Club Med
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- For guests staying at centrally located hotels in the Gueliz and Hivernage areas: Please make sure you are at the reception at least 30 minutes before scheduled departure time.
- For those staying in riads or guest homes in the old medina:
Pickup is in front of Club Med at least 30 minutes before scheduled departure time.
- For all other customers outside the hotel pickup area:
departure point is in front of Central Office/Poste Centrale. Please be at the departure point at least 15 minutes before scheduled departure time.
- Please call 48 hours prior to your tour to confirm your departure and/or pickup time.
- Please make sure you have a printed voucher with you and present it to our staff at the departure point in front of Central Office/Poste Centrale.
- Valid identity papers are obligatory (passport or identity card).
- Hotel name, address and telephone details are required from the customer.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.