To better discover Marrakesh, enter an intricate maze of the narrow streets in the world of the souks. Protected from the sun by slatted awnings, you will find a variety of quarters established by craftsmen, according to a structured system of corporation.
There are souks of basketwork, dried fruit, spices, clothes, wool, skins, Berber carpet, leatherwork, ironwork, jewelry and more! Some souks of note include the Rue du Souk Smarine which leads into the Place rahba Kedima, where a slave market was once held (it remains an important commercial site). There are also a few apothecary shops here and there. There will be time for bargaining!
Next we will visit Djemaa El Fna. This traditional meeting place for peasants and merchants from the Sous region, the High atlas and the South, has become the heart of Marrakech. In the mornings this large square is crowded with fruit and spice sellers, guerrab with their leather water bottles and metal drinking cups, basket sellers, ironmongers and barbers. In the afternoons come the Gnaoua dancers descended from former Guinean slaves, musicians, story tellers, snake charmers and entertainers with performing monkeys!
- Guided tour of Marrakech
- Famous Djemaa El Fna square
- Souks of the old Medina
- All taxes and fees
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Please call 48 hours prior to your tour to confirm your departure and/or pickup time.
- Please make sure you have a printed voucher with you and present it to our staff at the departure point. Please make sure you are the departure point at least 15 minutes before scheduled departure time.
- Valid identity papers are obligatory (passport or identity card).
- Hotel name, address and telephone details are required from the customer.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.