Ride on Australia's most notable narrow gauge railway through the spectacular Blue Dandenong Ranges with bellbirds and kookaburras echoing the steam train's whistle. Take in the beauty of Sherbrooke Forest and visit the quaint mountain village of Sassafras.
- Melbourne's eastern suburbs
- The Dandenong Ranges National Park - home of the lyrebird, superb traditional gardens and towering mountain ash forests
- Visit Sherbrook Forest - heart of the Dandenongs; tall eucalypts, kookaburras and bellbirds
- Meet the locals at Grants Picnic Ground ... colourful Crimson Rosellas and King Parrots! (opportunity to hand feed)
- Enjoy a delicious morning Aussie Bush Billy tea with lamingtons, vegemite and crackers
- Ride through the forest from Belgrave on Puffing Billy steam train - an original steam locomotive
- Pass through quaint villages noted for their restaurants, craft shops and beautiful gardens
- Visit Sassafras known for its local craft and antiques
- Views of Melbourne's skyline, Silvan Dam and the rolling hills.
- Hotel pick-up (View Hotel Pick-up list)
- Historic steam train ride
- Aussie Bush Billy Tea
- Meals and drinks unless specified
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 4 years old are free of charge, provided they do not occupy a seat.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
"Enjoyed the morning trip. The Coach Driver was very friendly & had great knowledge of the local area to share. He made the trip all the more enjoyable. I just wish that we had known about the longer day trip.....I think it would hve be lovely to do."
MAVIS A., Australia