There is a great variety of architecture in Melbourne and visitors always comment on the diversity of the built environment. Even though Europeans have been building in Melbourne for only 176 years, Melbourne has seen a number of skilled architects that have created this city.
From 1850, this tour will highlight a number building periods which includes some of the latest buildings and architectural styles. From Joseph Reed to Nonda Katsalidis, we showcase some great local design.
Not only will you see buildings that are influenced by a Samurai warrior, a surveying stick or simply built to show off gold money, you will learn of some of the most sustainable buildings in the world such as the world's only carbon-neutral structure.
At the conclusion of the tour, you will be able to relax over coffee and talk about the various architectural styles seen and materials used. The success of heritage controls, former height controls and proposed projects are popular subjects as is the proposed USD 1M Flinders St Station competition which we would love to hear your views on.
- Tour guide
- Coffee, tea or other non-alcoholic beverage
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Personal expenses
- We recommend you wear comfortable shoes.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to ensure the tour starts on time.
- Children 12 years old and below are not allowed on this tour.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 pax per booking.
- This is a tour that is for 2 persons up to a group of 20.
- Please call to inquire about private tour.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.