This is a guided bus and walking tour for a panoramic view of the city with two-language speaking tour guide. The one-hour walking tour includes a visit of The famous Opera House, La Scala theatre and the Vittorio Emanuele II Gallery
as well as a stop to admire the exterior of the Duomo
. The tour also includes a guided visit to "The Last Supper"
, the world-famous mural painting of Leonardo da Vinci, located inside the Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie.
The Last Supper depict Jesus with his disciples, and the consternation that occurred among the Twelve Disciples when Jesus announced that one of them would betray him.
There a lot of interesting story around this painting and one of those is that Leonardo wanted to use the face of the prior of the monastery to depict Judas as he could not find the the perfect villainous face for Judas, and because the prior of the monastery complaint with Leonardo of the delay!!
Another famous speculation by writers is that the person to Jesus' right (left of Jesus from the viewer's perspective), is not John the Apostle, but a woman, Mary Magdalene.
History is achingly prominent here. The breathtaking Duomo is one of the world's largest, most striking Gothic cathedrals, while Milan's art galleries, many housed in former palaces, are home to a host of significant works that include Da Vinci's "Last Supper". You may even find yourself sipping your morning espresso in the same cafe that composer Verdi frequented.
Itinerary / Activity Schedule
Panoramic city tour by bus:
- Arco della Pace
- Churches of Santa Maria delle Grazie and Sant'Ambrogio
- Corso Venezia
- Piazza San Babila
- Piazza Fontana (about 1h 15min.)
- Scala Theatre
- Galleria Vittorio Emanuele
- Duomo, Sforzesco Castle
- Bus transfer to Basilica Santa Maria delle Grazie
- Entrance to Leonardo da Vinci's "Last Supper"
- Return to Piazza Castello
- English at every departure
- Spanish and English on Tuesday and Friday mornings
- German and English on Wednesday and Saturday mornings
- Portuguese and English on Thursday mornings
- Italian and English on Sunday mornings
- Hotel pick-up (depending on option selected)
- Guided bus tour
- Multi-lingual tour guides (Italian, English, Portuguese, German, or Spanish)
- Passes to Da Vinci's Last Supper and La Scala opera House
- Individual Whispers-earphones to listen to the guide
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Tour availability on website calendar is not updated in real time. All bookings received are subject to approval and confirmation by the local supplier.
- Child rates apply from ages 4-11. Children below 4 years old are free of charge (please provide date of birth upon booking).
- Proper clothing (legs and shoulders covered; no shorts and sleeveless shirts) required to enter religious sites. You may be denied entry for improper attire. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Visit to the "Last Supper" is guaranteed. Visit to La Scala may not be allowed in case of special events. The guide's explanation of the Duomo will take place from outside the Cathedral during religious special events. The tour group does not enter Sforza Castle but participants can visit the castle gardens and courtyards on their own after the tour.
- This tour has a 4 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
- In winter season (November-February) some tours may be modified or suspended. Times are subject to organization and/or traffic problems.
- *Hotel pick-up is available from April to October (See List of Hotels
). Pick-up starts from 08:30. Tour departs at 09:30 from Milan.
- - Free cancellation: 8 days prior to date of activity.
- - 20% Cancellation Fee (80% reimbursement): 6 to 7 days prior to date of activity.
- - 100% cancellation Fee (No reimbursement): Less than 6 days before the date of activity.