The newest alpine delight in Graubünden: There is twice as much to see as before along one of the most beautiful railway routes in the world - on board the Rhaetian Railway panorama coach. The journey begins in Chur, continues along the Albula route into the Engadine and keeps on going - without cogwheels - over the Bernina Pass down to southerly Valposchiavo, over the spiraling viaduct at Brusio and on to Tirano.
The Bernina Express is a 2 1/2 hour trip from St. Moritz through a landscape of glaciers and stone fields to Tirano in Italy, where a bus to Lugano is available. Along this route you pass wild gorges, soaring bridges, fascinating loop tunnels and white glaciers close enough to reach out and touch. Travel from the crisp snow down to the palms and oleanders of Lugano and Northern Italy. The Bernina Express runs daily in the summer. In the winter, only the train to and from Tirano is operated. It offers first and second class service as well as panoramic coaches.
The Rhaetian Railway's north-south Alpine crossing offers breathtaking views as you travel over boldly curved viaducts, through winding tunnels and past ice-age glaciers. From Tirano, the excursion continues in modern buses through the Valtellina Valley to Lugano.
- Bernina Express train
- St. Moritz
- Return bus trip from Milan
- English speaking tour leader
- Bernina Express ticket (2nd class)
- 2 hours and a half train trip.
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- This tour has a 6 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
- Children below 4 years old are free of charge. Please provide date of birth on the booking.
- In winter season (November-February) some tours may be modified or suspended.
- It is your responsibility to check with appropriate consulates if any visa is required.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.