Type: Tour in Verona and Lake Garda from Milan
Departs From: Milan
Meeting Point: Largo Cairoli / Via Cusani 18
Duration: 12 hours
Available: Friday at 07:30 or Tuesday at 07:30
Product Code: 3139
Veneto, a thriving town in its own right, is also an appealing tourist destination for weekend breaks. It's rich in archaeological sites and has a beautiful medieval centre. The Roman Arena, where concerts and operas are performed in the summer, is the city's grandest sight (original capacity 20,000), but the so-called 'Juliet's balcony' is also a principal port on the Shakespearian tourist trail.
You can spend a long time exploring the narrow streets lined with 'palazzi' that make up the historic center (there's also a mini-train tour if you're feeling lazy). Some of the churches contain fine works of art, while the ruined Teatro Romano over the river has excellent views from the terraces where the ancients watched plays.
Then you will spend the afternoon at Lake Garda, one of the beautiful lakes in Northern Italy, visiting the touristic town of Sirmione, on the southern shores of Lake Garda, a pretty town near the end of a long promontory. Its narrow medieval streets bustle with colour and life; the tiny town is popular with holidaymakers, and the summer months bring crowds.
The beautiful lakeside towns around Lago di Garda have charmed foreign visitors for centuries. Even for the ancient Romans, the area was a luxury summer destination; you can visit ruins and mosaics that record their presence.
Itinerary / Activity Schedule
- Lake Garda
- Return bus trip from Milan
- English speaking tour leader
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- This tour has a 6 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
- Children below 4 years old are free of charge. Please provide date of birth on the booking.
- In winter season (November-February) some tours may be modified or suspended.
- It is your responsibility to check with appropriate consulates if any visa is required.
- This tour must be booked at least 24 hours prior to departure.
Click on the season date to view price
Price per adult $108.95
Price per child $54.47
Departs Friday at 07:30
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 11 and below.
evelyn K., United Kingdom
verona was most beatiful and wished have stayed there longer, our local guide was very informative. after a day in lake como the day before, lake garda was ok but still enjoyed the trip as a whole, highly recommended
susan S., USA
Our tour guide Eddie was really good. Verona is such an interesting city, and Lake Garda is absolutely beautiful! It's a wonderful way to spend the day! Kudos to our bus driver as well, who did a fine job getting us all there and back safely! I highly recommend this tour. It was well-organized and I felt the amount of time in each place was quite adequate.