Veneto, a thriving town in its own right, is also an appealing tourist destination for weekend breaks. It's rich in archaeological sites and has a beautiful medieval centre. The Roman Arena, where concerts and operas are performed in the summer, is the city's grandest sight (original capacity 20,000), but the so-called 'Juliet's balcony' is also a principal port on the Shakespearian tourist trail.
You can spend a long time exploring the narrow streets lined with 'palazzi' that make up the historic center (there's also a mini-train tour if you're feeling lazy). Some of the churches contain fine works of art, while the ruined Teatro Romano over the river has excellent views from the terraces where the ancients watched plays.
Then you will spend the afternoon at Lake Garda, one of the beautiful lakes in Northern Italy, visiting the touristic town of Sirmione, on the southern shores of Lake Garda, a pretty town near the end of a long promontory. Its narrow medieval streets bustle with colour and life; the tiny town is popular with holidaymakers, and the summer months bring crowds.
The beautiful lakeside towns around Lago di Garda have charmed foreign visitors for centuries. Even for the ancient Romans, the area was a luxury summer destination; you can visit ruins and mosaics that record their presence.
Itinerary / Activity Schedule
- Lake Garda
- Return bus trip from Milan
- English speaking tour leader
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- This tour has a 6 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
- Children below 4 years old are free of charge. Please provide date of birth on the booking.
- In winter season (November-February) some tours may be modified or suspended.
- It is your responsibility to check with appropriate consulates if any visa is required.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.