Berchtesgaden and Eagle's Nest Day Trip from Munich
- Have your breath taken away by the views of the Bavarian Alps
- Choose whether to visit the NS-Documentation Center, memorial site to victims of the Nazi party in World War II
- Visit the Eagle's Nest*, Adolf Hitler's infamous mountaintop estate
Type: Tours around Munich
Departs From: Munich
Meeting Point: Karstadt Department Store
Duration: 10 hours and 30 minutes
Available: Monday Friday at 08:30
Product Code: 1502
After a scenic drive along the German Alpine Road through impressive valleys, we reach Berchtesgaden. Once up on the Obersalzberg mountain, you have the opportunity to visit the NS-Documentation Center (admission not included).
A special bus and an elevator tunneled straight through rock then bring you up to the Eagle's Nest (usually open by the middle of May), built by the Nazi party for Hitler's 50th birthday.
08:30 - Departure from Munich
10:30 - Arrival at Obersalzberg. Special bus and elevator up to the Eagle's Nest* and down again
12:30 - Departure at Obersalzberg
13:00 - Arrival at "Grafenhöhe" Restaurant. Time for lunch
14:15 - Departure from "Grafenhöhe" Restaurant
14:45 - Arrival at the Documentation Center with option to visit
16:00 - Departure from the Documentation Center
18:00 - Arrival back in Munich
- Air-conditioned coaches
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Admission fee for the bus ride and elevator to Eagle's Nest
- Admission fee to the NS-Documentation Center
- Children below 4 years old are free of charge if seated on adult's lap.
- *In the event of bad weather conditions such as snow, ice or fog, the tour will take you to the famous Berchtesgaden salt mines instead.
Price per adult $69.59
Price per child $35.50
Departs Monday Friday at 08:30
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 14 and below.
Janice H., USA
The tour was very well organized and the tour guide was excellent.
Stephen L., United Kingdom
A fascinating trip and a great contrast to the hustle and bustle of the city. Fantastic views and scenery en route as well as from the Eagle's Nest. The tour was well organised and the tour guide (Ana?) kept us informed, entertained and on time! A final thanks to the dispatcher at Munich for sorting things out for me and my brother after we had lost our booking voucher. Much appreciated and excellent customer service.