Berchtesgaden and Eagle's Nest Day Trip from Munich
- Have your breath taken away by the views of the Bavarian Alps
- Choose whether to visit the NS-Documentation Center, memorial site to victims of the Nazi party in World War II
- Visit the Eagle's Nest*, Adolf Hitler's infamous mountaintop estate
Type: Tours around Munich
Departs From: Munich
Meeting Point: Karstadt Department Store
Duration: 10 hours and 30 minutes
Available: Monday Friday at 08:30
Product Code: 1502
After a scenic drive along the German Alpine Road through impressive valleys, we reach Berchtesgaden. Once up on the Obersalzberg mountain, you have the opportunity to visit the NS-Documentation Center (admission not included).
A special bus and an elevator tunneled straight through rock then bring you up to the Eagle's Nest (usually open by the middle of May), built by the Nazi party for Hitler's 50th birthday.
08:30 - Departure from Munich
10:30 - Arrival at Obersalzberg. Special bus and elevator up to the Eagle's Nest* and down again
12:30 - Departure at Obersalzberg
13:00 - Arrival at "Grafenhöhe" Restaurant. Time for lunch
14:15 - Departure from "Grafenhöhe" Restaurant
14:45 - Arrival at the Documentation Center with option to visit
16:00 - Departure from the Documentation Center
18:00 - Arrival back in Munich
- Air-conditioned coaches
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Admission fee for the bus ride and elevator to Eagle's Nest
- Admission fee to the NS-Documentation Center
- Children below 4 years old are free of charge if seated on adult's lap.
- *In the event of bad weather conditions such as snow, ice or fog, the tour will take you to the famous Berchtesgaden salt mines instead.
Price per adult $63.33
Price per child $32.31
Departs Monday Friday at 08:30
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 14 and below.
Colin M., Australia
Well worth he visit - an amazing project if we forget that this was built for one of the worlds worst.Views from the Eagles Nest were brilliant - we were glad that the Americans did not destroy it. Berchtesgaden was a beautiful old city and perhaps even surpasssed the former
Jon P., USA
Had a great time. The tour guides were very knowledgable and pointed out and provided information on interesting sites along the way. They are very organized and on time. Would use them again.
"We really enjoyed the Berchtesgaden and Eagle's Nest tour. The tour guide was very good and with clouds coming in they made the decision to go directly to Eagle's Nest first. They made the right decision we had lovely views from the top made more impressive as we watched the clouds and fog roll in as we came down. I also recommend leaving enough time to go through the Document Center the underground tunnels/bunker is worth the admission price alone."
Karla J., USA