Wander through the scenic German countryside on your way to the legendary extravagance of the German castles Neuschwanstein and Linderhof. Known for their elaborate construction and world-famous architecture, these two extraordinary structures were dreamed up by Germany's own Ludwig II, also known as the Swan King.
Find out why many believe Neuschwanstein inspired Disney's storybook castles and get ready to feel like you're living a real-life fairy tale. Hidden in the seclusion of the mountains, German King Ludwig II built two of his dream castles: Neuschwanstein and Linderhof. Both testify to the vision of Bavaria's fairytale King.
Departing from Munich, you'll first visit Linderhof Castle, a French rococo-style castle inspired by Versailles itself and surrounded by immaculately manicured gardens. A quick shopping and photo stop in the charming village Oberammergau will recharge your batteries for the second half of your day. You'll arrive at idyllic Neuschwanstein Castle around 13:00, where you're free to enjoy approximately 4 hours to explore the castle.
08:30 - Departure from Munich
09:45 - Arrival at Linderhof for Guided Tour
10:45 - Departure from Linderhof
11:00 - Arrival in Oberammergau
11:30 - Departure from Oberammergau
13:00 - Arrival at Neuschwanstein
16:30 - Departure from Neuschwanstein
18:30 - Arrival in Munich
- Transportation by air-conditioned coaches with guide
- Castle guide
- Entrance fees to castles
- Hotel pick-up
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- It is necessary to have a printed voucher to join this tour. The driver will not let you board the bus if you show your voucher from a mobile device only.
- IF this tour is operated with a double decker bus, explanations are available via earphones also in Japanese, Spanish, Italian, French, Portuguese, Russian and Mandarin.
- Children below 4 years old are free of charge if seated on adult's lap.
- Please bring extra cash for entry to the castles, to be paid on the day of your tour.