The Royal Castles Neuschwanstein and Linderhof Day Trip from Munich
- Discover the magic of Neuschwanstein, the Fairy Tale Castle
- Tour Linderhof, an exquisite 19th-century royal palace
- Visit and explore the charming village of Oberammergau
Type: Tours around Munich
Departs From: Munich
Meeting Point: Karstadt Department Store
Duration: 10 hours and 30 minutes
Available: daily at 08:30
Product Code: 1507
Wander through the scenic German countryside on your way to the legendary extravagance of the German castles Neuschwanstein and Linderhof. Known for their elaborate construction and world-famous architecture, these two extraordinary structures were dreamed up by Germany's own Ludwig II, also known as the Swan King.
Find out why many believe Neuschwanstein inspired Disney's storybook castles and get ready to feel like you're living a real-life fairy tale. Hidden in the seclusion of the mountains, German King Ludwig II built two of his dream castles: Neuschwanstein and Linderhof. Both testify to the vision of Bavaria's fairytale King.
Departing from Munich, you'll first visit Linderhof Castle, a French rococo-style castle inspired by Versailles itself and surrounded by immaculately manicured gardens. A quick shopping and photo stop in the charming village Oberammergau will recharge your batteries for the second half of your day. You'll arrive at idyllic Neuschwanstein Castle around 13:00, where you're free to enjoy approximately 4 hours to explore the castle.
08:30 - Departure from Munich
09:45 - Arrival at Linderhof for Guided Tour
10:45 - Departure from Linderhof
11:00 - Arrival in Oberammergau
11:30 - Departure from Oberammergau
13:00 - Arrival at Neuschwanstein
16:30 - Departure from Neuschwanstein
18:30 - Arrival in Munich
- Transportation by air-conditioned coaches with guide
- Castle guide
- Entrance fees to castles
- Hotel pick-up
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- It is necessary to have a printed voucher to join this tour. The driver will not let you board the bus if you show your voucher from a mobile device only.
- IF this tour is operated with a double decker bus, explanations are available via earphones also in Japanese, Spanish, Italian, French, Portuguese, Russian and Mandarin.
- Children below 4 years old are free of charge if seated on adult's lap.
- Please bring extra cash for entry to the castles, to be paid on the day of your tour.
Price per adult $65.92
Price per child $33.61
Departs daily at 08:30
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 14 and below.
MIHAELA F., Romania
Our guide in English, Ana, was extremely competent, giving us a lot of data along the route,,speaking a clear English , easy to understand even for those with other native languages. She was very carefull and kind with every person in the group. Thanks a lot, once again, Ana, from a Romanian traveller.
Gerard B., United Kingdom
Excellent Day Trip out. Tour Guide very friendly and Coach very comfortable. Both Castles are something else. You aren't allowed to take pictures inside the Castle which makes the whole experience that much more special.
"I had a great time at Linderhof and Neuschwanstein! In some case, I like Linderhof better. The weather was nice (it rained when on the bus). The tour guide was a very nice German guy who spoke very good English with a sense of humor. Linderhof was a beautiful little castle/big villa hidden in Bavaria mountain. Neuschwanstein is 100% fairy tale castle. The trip was quite comfortable. Absolutely love it!"
Lei W., USA