The Royal Castles Neuschwanstein and Linderhof
- Discover the magic of Neuschwanstein, the Fairy Tale Castle
- Tour Linderhof, an exquisite 19th-century royal palace
- Visit and explore the charming village of Oberammergau
Wander through the scenic German countryside on your way to the legendary extravagance of the German castles Neuschwanstein and Linderhof. Known for their elaborate construction and world-famous architecture, these two extraordinary structures were dreamed up by Germany's own Ludwig II, also known as the Swan King.
Find out why many believe Neuschwanstein inspired Disney's storybook castles and get ready to feel like you're living a real-life fairy tale. Hidden in the seclusion of the mountains, German King Ludwig II built two of his dream castles: Neuschwanstein and Linderhof. Both testify to the vision of Bavaria's fairytale King.
Departing from Munich, you'll first visit Linderhof Castle, a French rococo-style castle inspired by Versailles itself and surrounded by immaculately manicured gardens. A quick shopping and photo stop in the charming village Oberammergau will recharge your batteries for the second half of your day. You'll arrive at idyllic Neuschwanstein Castle around 13:00, where you're free to enjoy approximately 4 hours to explore the castle.
08:30 - Departure from Munich
09:45 - Arrival at Linderhof for Guided Tour
10:45 - Departure from Linderhof
11:00 - Arrival in Oberammergau
11:30 - Departure from Oberammergau
13:00 - Arrival at Neuschwanstein
16:30 - Departure from Neuschwanstein
18:30 - Arrival in Munich
- Transportation by air-conditioned coaches with guide
- Castle guide
- Entrance fees to castles
- Hotel pick-up
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- IF this tour is operated with a double decker bus, explanations are available via earphones also in Japanese, Spanish, Italian, French, Portuguese, Russian and Mandarin.
- Children below 4 years old are free of charge if seated on adult's lap.
- Please bring extra cash for entry to the castles, to be paid on the day of your tour.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.