The Delos Island Archaeological Sanctuary, considered the birthplace of Apollo and Artemis, is listed by UNESCO as one of mankind's most important cultural and historical sites. Delos was a sacred island for Ancient Greeks and with the Delos oracle being second only to that of Delphi, the island became the holiest place in the Aegean. As a result, the commercial town and harbor of Delos flourished with a large population, temples, and open air theater.
The short boat trip and guided tour to this now uninhabited island of Delos will give you some facts and a remarkable insight of the Hellenistic ruins dating from 300 B.C. The tour of Delos Island takes approximately 3 hours and your guide will wander with you among the ancient temples (both Greek and Roman) including the Temple of Apollo. You'll see the mosaic floors of once grand villas, the famous Delos Lions, Cleopatra's house, the amphitheatre plus much more.
- Guided tour
- Roundtrip boat ride
- Entrance fee
- Port and hotel transfers
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 2 years old are free of charge.
- This tour has a 14 passenger minimum requirement for operation and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. Please call at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm schedule.
- - Free cancellation: 8 days prior to date of activity.
- - 20% Cancellation Fee (80% reimbursement): 4 to 7 days prior to date of activity.
- - 100% cancellation Fee (No reimbursement): Less than 4 days before the date of activity.