This five and a half acre escape of lush tropical garden is situated only a few minutes drive from downtown Nassau.
Around winding pathways, the informal gardens hold constant surprises - a cozy limestone bench in a secluded corner or the sight of a kingfisher that just flew in to enjoy the view. A footbridge over a pond where a swan mingles with Bahamian ducks and fresh water turtles sun on the shore overlooked by archways of shrubs and exotic plantlife.
Created by Jamaican horticulturist Hedley Edwards, who later brought the flamingos from the southern Bahamas as a contrast to the greenery, the gardens have matured into a contemplative setting bursting with colour. The gardens are always changing, but with a sense of a time past when the pace of life was slower and there was time to enjoy the stillness, the tranquility, to marvel at the gnarled vines climbing a 40ft mahogany tree, to watch a bird peck or just collect your thoughts and restore your spirit.
- Meals and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 3 years old are free of charge.
- The Ardastra Gardens, Zoo & Conservation Centre is open daily from 9:00 to 17:00 and features 3 daily special showings of the famous marching flamingos. Show times are: 10:30, 14:00 and 16:00pm.
- - Free cancellation: 8 days prior to date of activity.
- - 20% Cancellation Fee (80% reimbursement): 4 to 7 days prior to date of activity.
- - 100% cancellation Fee (No reimbursement): Less than 4 days before the date of activity.