Think of a self-contained underwater motorcycle with a large two foot clear dome keeping your head perfectly dry throughout your ride around the underwater reefs. The units were invented by a company called Bell Aqua, based in Florida in the 1990's. You probably saw them for the first time on the television series "Sea Quest" when they were used as "escape pods" for the crew to abandon ship in case of an emergency.
The "bubble" or dome - is large enough for your head and even your hands. This ensures that you can still wear your eyeglasses and adjust them as necessary. It also means that you are breathing normally - through your nose and mouth - without the need of using snorkel tubes or regulators like you would when diving.
If you choose to take an underwater camera with you - it is very easy to line up the shot by holding your camera up to the outside of the dome.
Your personal sub unit is propelled by a small battery operated engine that you have full control over. Your steering console allows you to direct the unit left and right. It also contains your power switch. Your ascents and descents are controlled by the safety divers who slowly take you up and down a control line. There is also a buoy that is tethered to your sub. This prevents you from descending deeper than the planned 15-20 foot dive.
Life support is provided by air stored in a SCUBA cylinder that uses a ScubaPro regulator to keep air continuously flowing into your bubble to keep your breathing air fresh. You can actually see the bubbles flowing and hear the air hissing so that you know it is working. ScubaPro is the worlds leading manufacturer of underwater life support equipment and offers the most reliable and safest equipment available. In addition, you also have an instrument panel that shows you how much air is remaining in your tank and your current depth.
Finally, the heavy battery which is your power source, is stored on the floor board. Your unit also has lead weights in the bottom of it. When you combine all of the weight on the bottom of the unit, with the buoyancy created from the large bubble at the top - the result is an extremely stable platform that can not tip over during your dive.
- Hotel transfers
- 10 to 15 minute pre-dive pilot briefing
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Participants must be at least 12 years old.
- Children between 12 to 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or a guardian and be at least 5 feet tall.
- Pregnant women cannot participate in this excursion.
- Guests must complete a registration form and release as well as a medical release form. Persons completing the medical form and answering yes to any of the following conditions may be excluded and should consult their doctor first: Pregnancy, Asthma, Any form of lung disease, History of ear or sinus surgery, Having had a stroke, Having had a heart attack, Having had chest surgery, Pneumothorax (collapsed lung), Epilepsy or seizures, History of diabetes
- The trip departs at the captain's sole discretion. No refunds for bad weather will be issued unless the excursion is canceled.
- Passengers from the Cruise Ships are requested to go to the British Colonial Hilton Hotel for their pick-up.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.