Follow in the footsteps of Mahatma Gandhi and learn about his message of non-violence and truth. Take public transport to the historical sites associated with the "Father of the Nation" and hear the stories of his courageous life. Assassinated in 1948, Gandhi left an enduring philosophical legacy that still resonates with millions of people worldwide.
If you want to learn more about the life and time of Indian legend Mahatma Gandhi then this is the trip for you. Travel on public transport to visit all the historical monuments associated with Mahatma Gandhi.
Gandhi's legacy of non-violent protest lives on in spirit today as a major influence on Indian society and the international community. He pioneered the philosophy of "satyagraha," based on truth and resistance to injustice through non-violent resistance. In India he is officially regarded as the Father of the Nation. His birthday, 2nd October, is commemorated as a national holiday. After studying law in London he became a barrister in Bombay before moving to South Africa in 1907. There he became involved in his first "passive action" when protesting against the Transvaal government for their treatment of the Indian settler minority. In 1915 he returned to India and drawing on his experience in South Africa he organized poor farmers and laborers to protest against their discrimination. He took on the leadership of the Indian National Congress and led nationwide campaigns against injustices that existed in Indian society at the hands of the colonial government. Jailed in South Africa and India on a number of occasions for his actions his motivation never faltered.
Today millions of people draw inspiration from Gandhi's life and advocacy for truth and non-violence. In 2007 the United Nation General Assembly unanimously adopted a resolution declaring October 2, International Day of Non-Violence. His legacy lives on today. Follow in his footsteps, discover Gandhi's Delhi and be inspired. Your local guide will take you around various famous sights associated with the life and times of Mahatma Gandhi, learning more about his message of truth, non violence, and peace. The final stop of the journey will be the National Gandhi Museum where you'll have plenty of time to explore an amazing array of information, documents and relics from his life, philosophy and work.
- English speaking local guide
- Entrance fees as indicated
- Transport as indicated
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Tour will be operated as a guaranteed Small Group Tour with a maximum of 12 guests.
- As dress standards are conservative throughout Asia and as this trip visits religious sites, modest clothing is strongly recommended. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, light, and long clothing is both respectful and convenient in the predominantly warm Asian climate.
- At the end of the trip, guests are free to do their own personal exploration. The local guide can assist in arranging a taxi back to the hotel.
- Children below 6 years old are not permitted on this tour.
- Tour duration is between 3 to 4 hours.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.