Immerse yourself in the creative genius that has grown out of this venue known as the "The Village."
The realization that West 4th St. intersects West13th St. is your tipoff that Greenwich Village is no ordinary place. It's this very quirkiness that has drawn legendary artists, writers and musicians to its charmed streets for generations - from Edgar Allen Poe to Bob Dylan to the present and future icons you'll doubtless spy on this fascinating ramble through America's creative vortex.
The energy is infectious as you stroll the bustling environs of Washington Square Park and New York University, view the haunts and hideaways where the likes of Dylan Thomas, Jimi Hendrix and Lenny Bruce plied their craft, and savor stories of how the Beat Generation sprang forth and flourished here.
From Bleecker St. to MacDougal St. to Sheridan Square, we'll uncover some of New York's rarest sights (including the smallest piece of property in the city!) and the strange-but-true anecdotes attached to them. This is as rich a literary, cultural and artistic journey as you'll ever experience. So please book it soon. It fills up fast!
- Washington Square Park and the famed Washington Arch
- The eclectic campus environs of New York University
- Home of Edgar Allan Poe - telltale stories included!
- Music clubs of Bleecker St. where Dylan & Hendrix played
- Café Wha on MacDougal Street, and Sheridan Square
- House where American revolutionary Thomas Paine died
- Stonewall Inn, site of the gay liberation riots of 1969
- Site of the deadly Triangle Shirtwaist Factory disaster
- Trained tour guide
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Guests are requested to arrive 15 minutes prior to departure.
- Tour will be operated as a guaranteed Small Group Tour with a maximum of 15 guests. For groups of more than 15 people, please inquire.
- Distance covered is roughly 1.5 miles.
- Children under 5 years old are free of charge.
- Optional photo pass with six 5 x 7 printed photos available. Please inquire.