Celebrate the intimate and spectacular beauty of the Statue of Liberty and Manhattan's skyline from the decks of a magnificent 82-foot Schooner.
We will sail quietly past the Statue of Liberty, the Bridges and historic sites of New York Harbor and the fantastic skyline while enjoying the tranquility and wind-powered elegance of our historic ocean cruiser. Depending on the winds and tides, the captain may sail up the Buttermilk Channel or out to the Verrazano Bridge spanning the ocean entrance to NY Harbor.
Enjoy the casual elegance of a refreshing beverage served by our attentive crew as this ocean tested ship glides comfortably through world famous NY harbor. Bring your cameras to cherish the moment and remember it forever!
The Shearwater is an 82-foot vintage 1920's schooner built at the height of Roaring Twenties as the personal yacht of Charles E. Dunlap, a prominent New York City industrialist. Rangoon teak decks and mahogany paneled staterooms below are sure to impress even the seasoned yachtsmen.
- One drink - choice of beer, wine, soft drinks
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Children below 3 years old are free of charge.
- Boarding is 5 minutes prior to departure. Guests should arrive at the dock 15 min before sail. The boat will not wait for stragglers.
- Passengers are requested to wear only soft soled shoes such as sneakers, deck shoes, flip-flops or sandals. Heels and boots can scuff the deck. Bare feet are also fine.
- The temperature can be cooler out on the water so dress accordingly.
- Private charters with fully customizable itineraries, catering and bar packages are available. Please inquire.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.