Take an unforgettable journey of discovery at the American Museum of Natural History.
Located in the heart of Manhattan, bordering on beautiful Central Park, the American Museum of Natural History is one of the world's greatest scientific and cultural institutions, an exciting concurrence of the past and the future, and a continual delight for the curious of all ages. Travel from the outer reaches of the universe to the inner workings of Earth and explore the range of life and cultures on our planet - all under one roof!
Over 140 years old, the American Museum of Natural History is one of the most prestigious and beloved Museums which has the largest collection of dinosaur fossils in the world. And there's always something new to see!
Visit popular halls like:Akeley Hall of African Mammals
- considered one of the world's great museum displays with 28 dioramas depicting some of the many animals and habitats of Africa at the turn of last century. Guggenheim Hall of Minerals and Morgan Memorial Hall of Gems
- containing exquisite treasures in an extraordinary range of size, color and shape. A highlight is the 563-carat Star of India, the largest and most famous sapphire in the world as well as the Patricia Emerald, a 632-carat specimen that is one of the very few large emeralds that have been preserved uncut.Spitzer Hall of Human Origins
- covering millions of years of human history, from the emergence of our earliest ancestors through the evolution of our own species. It presents a fascinating mix of fossils, film, interactive media, life-size tableaux, ancient artifacts and more.Milstein Hall of Ocean Life
- A fully immersive marine environment with high definition video projections, interactive computer stations and eight new ocean habitat displays See the celebrated 94-foot (28.6 m) blue whale, one of the Museum's star attractions, and the Andros Coral Reef, a two level diorama containing 40 tons (36 metric tonnes) of coral, allowing a unique view of this ecosystem above and below the water.Dinosaur Halls
- features the imposing mounts of Tyrannosaurus rex and Apatosaurus among other fossils.
Leave some time to explore space. The glassy Rose Center for Earth and Space, hailed as an architectural masterpiece, adds the equivalent of another museum. The Rose Center chronicles the history of the universe through cutting edge technology. See the Hall of Planet Earth with its display of geological specimens, the Cosmic Pathway laying out the 13 billion year history of the universe, the Hall of the Universe presenting discoveries of modern astrophysics and the Hayden Big Bang Theater with a presentation of the birth of the universe.
Also take advantage of the Supersaver ticket and get exclusive access to the following special exhibitions:Special Exhibitions at the American Museum of Natural HistoryThe Secret World Inside YouNovember 7, 2015 - August 14, 2016
Explore the remarkable complexities of the human microbiome, home to a community of 100 trillion bacteria living inside and on our bodies. Secret Ocean
(2D and 3D Screenings Daily)Giant Screen Movie from July 6, 2015 - January 10, 2016
Jean-Michel Cousteau invites viewers on a compelling journey into the secret world of creatures within the ocean as never seen before. Butterfly ConservatorySeptember 5, 2015 - May 29, 2016
Dense humidity, lush green plants, and tropical butterflies of every color filling the room -experience one of the Museum's most popular annual seasonal exhibitions. Life at the Limits Stories of Amazing SpeciesOn view through January 3, 2016
Explore the amazing specializations organisms employ to face the unusual challenges of living on Earth, including survival in harsh physical surroundings. Space Show at Hayden planetariumDark Universe Narrated by Neil deGrasse Tyson
Celebrate the pivotal discoveries that have led us to greater knowledge of the structure and history of the universe and our place in it - and to new frontiers for exploration.
Daily 10:00 to 17:45
Closed on Christmas and Thanksgiving
- Access to the museum's permanent collection
- Access to Rose Center for Earth and Space
- Access to Special Exhibitions (for Super Saver ticket only)
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Meals and drinks
- Guided tour
- VIP tickets are also available here
- Timed entries for special shows and exhibits are subject to availability.
- Children below 2 years old are free of charge.
- - Free cancellation: 8 days prior to date of activity.
- - 20% Cancellation Fee (80% reimbursement): 4 to 7 days prior to date of activity.
- - 100% cancellation Fee (No reimbursement): Less than 4 days before the date of activity.