Circle Island Tour
Visitors will be taken on a deluxe transportation tour to key historical locations across Oahu and learn about the special events and the Hawaiian culture that has played a key role in shaping President Obama's life. Enjoy one of President Obama's favorite island snacks, the famous Waiola Shaved Ice. See the Punahou School campus, President Obama's alma mater.
The Mini Circle Island Tour will also keep you and your camera busy while you visit such scenic locales such as the Nu'uanu Pali Lookout for amazing panoramic views of Windward Oahu. While on The Windward side of the island, you will be visiting multiple surfing and snorkeling hotspots like Makapu'u Point, the Halona Blowhole, Hanauma Bay and Sandy Beach. Don't forget to bring sunscreen!
A Piece of Hawaii History
After visiting all those beaches, your tour guide will be driving you up to the Punchbowl Cemetery of the Pacific. Guests will also learn about Hawaii's special history and unique culture of family values, respect for neighbors, and the wonderful diversity of our communities. This tour is sure to give you extraordinary stories that can be shared for a lifetime.
Itinerary / Activity Schedule
- Obama's Birth Place
- The President's First Home
- Amelia Earhart lookout atop Diamond Head
- Punahou School
- Baskin and Robbins - "first job"
- Nu'uanu Pali Lookout
- Punahou's Circle Apts (where Obama was raised from 1971-1979)
- La Pietra School for Girls
- Drive by Makapu'u Point
- Waiola Shaved Ice
- Halona Blowhole
- Hanauma Bay (except on Tuesdays)
- Sandy Beach- Obama's favorite bodysurfing spot
- Punchbowl National Cemetery of the Pacific
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (View list and schedule)
- Meals and drinks unless specified
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Hanauma Bay is closed on Tuesdays.
- Punchbowl National Cemetery will be closed from 24 May 2013 to 28 May 2013 for a special ceremony. During this period, the visit will be replaced by a scenic drive through the Ko'olau mountains on the return trip to Waikiki.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.