Type: Day Tours in Osaka
Departs From: Osaka
Meeting Point: Hotel pick-up
Duration: 10 hours and 30 minutes
Available: daily at 07:40
Product Code: 1400
Start the day with a train ride from Osaka to Kyoto, Japan's capital from 794 to 1868. Visit Nijo Castle, the residence of Tokugawa era shoguns, and marvel at the gold-leaf covered Golden Pavilion, which houses sacred relics of Buddha. Stroll through its surrounding garden, known for its exquisite beauty.
Visit the Kyoto Imperial Palace, before watching traditional Japanese artisans at work at the Kyoto Handicraft Center, where you will have lunch. Walk through Sanjusangendo Temple, Japan's longest wooden structure, and browse through the specialty shops leading up to Kiyomizudera Temple for a sweeping view of the city. Then visit Heian Jingu Shrine, a partial replica of the Imperial Palace.
Osaka - Kyoto
Leave Osaka for Kyoto aboard a JR rapid train (non-reserved seats) with an English-speaking tour conductor.
The Kyoto Residence of the Tokugawa Shogun built in 1603, Nijo Castle is noted for the contrast of its solemn appearance and gorgeous interiors.
Kinkakuji Temple (Golden Pavilion)
The most authentic and exquisite Japanese style garden in the world, plus the celebrated Golden Pavilion.
Kyoto Imperial Palace
The ancient Imperial Palace clearly shows the Japanese taste for purity, simplicity and calmness.
Enjoy a Japanese set menu for lunch.
Heian Jingu Shrine
Graceful old court life is reflected in the brightly colored shrine with its vermilion pillars and green roof, and in its enchanting inner gardens and ponds.
A renowned long wooden hall housing 1,001 statues of the Buddhist deity Kannon that date back to the 13th century.
A quaint old lane lined with pottery shops leads to the temple. Enjoy a sweeping view of the entire city from its lofty terrace.
Kyoto - Osaka
Return to Osaka aboard a JR rapid train (non-reserved seats) with an English-speaking assistant. Tour disbands on arrival at JR Osaka Station around 18:30.
- Train tickets
- English-speaking guide
- Hotel pick-up
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Pick ups are available from selected hotels in Osaka.
- Children 5 years old and below are free of charge, provided they sit on an adult's lap. If they need a seat, they will be charged (child rates).
- Journey between Osaka and Kyoto will be accompanied by an English-speaking tour assistant.
- You are required to fill out the form (your name, sex, age, nationality) when you enter the Kyoto Imperial Palace.
- On days when the Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed we will visit Nishi Honganji instead.
- On days when the Nijo castle is closed we will visit Ryoanji Temple or Daitokuji Daisen-in Temple instead.
- Heian Shrine will be replaced by Chishaku-in Temple on October 22, during the Jidai Festival.
- Drop-off service to Karasuma Kyoto Hotel is not available on the days of Gion Festival (July 14 - 16).
- Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays, Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed. On these days, the tour will visit Kitano-tenmangu Shrine instead.
- Please note that you will be asked to complete a form indicating your full name, nationality, gender, and age before entering Kyoto Imperial Palace.
- This tour will not enter Heian Jingu Shrine's Shin-en garden.
Price per adult $160.65
Price per child $138.94
Departs daily at 07:40
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 11 and below.
RODERICK C., Philippines
It was a well organized tour. The guides were very kind, helpful and knowledgeable. Although the tour was fast paced you are still able to take in and appreciate the sites visited. It also makes the most of the limited time a visitor/tourist has to be able to see more of the sites.
Diana L., Korea, Republic Of
The tour was just magnificent. From the start of the tour, being met at our hotel, taken by subway to Kyoto, to meet the bus and the rest of the group and then being shown and told so much about the sites we visited, I'm not sure that we could have asked for a nicer day. Our guide, Mickey was fantastic and spoke such good English, thank you again for a most informative day, we so enjoyed it. Lunch was delicious and we had ample to eat. We would highly recommend this tour to anyone who was wanting to do it.
"The tour was just magnificent. From the start of the tour, being met at our hotel, taken by subway to Kyoto, to meet the bus and the rest of the group and then being shown and told so much about the sites we visited, I'm not sure that we could have asked for a nicer day. Our guide, Mickey was fantastic and spoke such good English, thank you again for a most informative day, we so enjoyed it. Lunch was delicious and we had ample to eat. We would highly recommend this tour to anyone who was wanting to do it."
Diana L., Korea, Republic Of