Take a trip to both Kyoto and Nara from Osaka. In Kyoto, visit Nijo Castle, residence of Tokugawa era shoguns, then marvel at the gold-leaf covered Golden Pavilion, as well as take a stroll around its exquisite gardens. Walk through Kyoto Imperial Palace and watch Japanese artisans work their craft at the Kyoto Handicrafts Center, where you will have lunch.
In Nara, visit Todaiji, the world's largest wooden structure and home of the Great Buddha. Mingle with the deer at Nara Park and marvel at the lanterns at Kasuga Taisha Shrine. Osaka - Kyoto
Leave Osaka for Kyoto aboard a JR rapid train (non-reserved seats) with an English-speaking tour conductor. Nijo Castle
The Kyoto Residence of the Tokugawa Shogun built in 1603, Nijo Castle is noted for the contrast of its solemn appearance and gorgeous interiors. Kinkakuji Temple (Golden Pavilion)
The most authentic and exquisite Japanese style garden in the world, plus the celebrated Golden Pavilion. Kyoto Imperial Palace
The ancient Imperial Palace clearly shows the Japanese taste for purity, simplicity and calmness.Lunch
Enjoy a Japanese set meal (for 2015 departures) or Japanese and Western-style buffet lunch (2016 departures)Todaiji Temple
Great Buddha in the world's largest wooden building and wonder of religious architecture. Nara Park (Deer Park)
More than 1000 deer roam freely in the verdant 1250 acres peaceful park. If you wish to feed the deer, they will gladly eat from your hand. Kasuga Taisha Shrine
The most famous and beautiful Shinto shrine in Nara, it features some 3,000 antique stone and bronze lanterns. Nara Nagomikan
This is Nara's biggest souvenir shop selling a wide variety of food products (including sweets) and other local goods you will only find in the area.Nara - Namba
Return to Namba aboard a Kintetsu Railways train (non-reserved seats) with an English-speaking tour conductor. Tour ends upon arrival at Kintetsu Namba Station between 18:00 - 19:00.
- Pick up at major hotels
- Train tickets
- English-speaking guide service
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Drop-off service
- Pick ups are available from selected hotels in Osaka
- Children 5 years old and below are free of charge, provided they sit on an adult's lap. If they need a seat, they will be charged.
- Journey from Osaka to Kyoto and from Nara to Osaka will be accompanied by an English-speaking tour assistant.
-- You are required to fill out the form (your name, sex, age, nationality) when you enter the Kyoto Imperial Palace.
- On days when the Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed we will visit Nishi Honganji instead.
- On days when the Nijo castle is closed we will visit Ryoanji Temple or Daitokuji Daisen-in Temple instead.
- At Kasuga Shrine, the tour does not include entrance to areas requiring admission.
- Nara Nagomikan is replaced by another souvenir shop when closed.
- Tour will not operate during the Nara Marathon.
- - 25% cancellation Fee: 46 days prior to date of activity.
- - 50% cancellation Fee: 16 days prior to date of activity.
- - 100% cancellation Fee (No reimbursement): Less than 16 days before the date of activity.