Hop on a boat and sail to the Embera indigenous community located on the Chagres River. This community originally came from ancient Great Colombia over 300 years ago and settled mainly in the Darien jungle.
Today you can visit their current home located in the lush and tropical Chagres National Park. Admire their homes (called tambos which are elevated houses with palm-leaf roofs) as well as their traditional dances and customs.
After sharing a traditional lunch, you will have the opportunity to view the Embera's crafts. The Embera are known for being exquisite wood carvers as well as fantastic basket weavers. Their handcrafts are pieces of art and they are available for your purchase. You can also take a swim and enjoy the cool waters of the river.
As part of our commitment to sustainable communities, the Embera Community will receive a financial donation from your participation in this tour. Tour Highlights
- Chagres River
- Embera Indigenous Community
- Traditional Lunch
- Naturalist Tour Guide
- English, Spanish
- Hotel pick-up
- Boat transportation
- Park entrance fee
- Fully guided tour
- Donation to the Embera Community
- Traditional lunch and refreshments
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Personal expenses
- Hotel pick-ups are available for selected hotels within Panama City ONLY (View List
- This is an outdoor activity in the tropics. Light clothes, a towel, swimsuit, an extra shirt, insect repellent, hat, sunscreen and very comfortable shoes or sandals are recommended.
- Italian, Portuguese, French, Greek, Mandarin/Cantonese, Russian and German are available on request at an additional fee.
- - Free cancellation: 8 days prior to date of activity.
- - 20% Cancellation Fee (80% reimbursement): 4 to 7 days prior to date of activity.
- - 100% cancellation Fee (No reimbursement): Less than 4 days before the date of activity.