Type: Tours around Panama City
Departs From: Panama City
Meeting Point: Hotel pick up
Duration: 11 hours
Available: As of now this product cannot be booked online. Please Contact us for quotation and / or more information.
Product Code: 2248
The selected portion of the river features soft water currents in the place where it starts. Then it goes from white water rapids Class II and III to a waterfall, which is considered Class IV. In this sector, walking is required for safety reasons.
This is an exception as you will be most of the time navigating and paddling in the rafts. The scenery along the river varies constantly. You will see open fields for cattle, forest and banana plantations, subsistence agriculture fields and green houses. Gold has been found in the river and luckily, you may see the local gold seekers washing gold in their plates. The fauna is diverse. You may encounter crocodiles, Tamarind Monkeys, several species of water birds and abundant fish.
Enjoy lunch on a sand bar in a river beach, relax for a while and then continue with the adventure. Around 15:00 you will leave to return to Panama City.
- 4X4 transportation
- Rafts, paddles, helmets and life jackets
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Trained tour guides
- Hotel pick up from the list of Hotel
- Tips and Gratuities
- Personal Expenses
- Hotel pick ups are available for selected hotels within Panama City ONLY. Please click here to view the list.
- Children over 12 years old can participate if accompanied by an adult.
- It is required to bring waterproof equipment.
- Do not bring jewelry, credit cards, money, or valuables.
- It is recommended to bring one extra set of clothes change in a sealed plastic bag for the wet ride. The suggested clothing is short pants, swimsuit, another T-shirt, sneakers, or comfortable shoes. For the walking portion, bring hat, sandals or water shoes and towel.
- Do not forget your sunscreen and insect repellent.
- This expedition requires you to be in good condition as there are 2 hours of walking and paddling down the river.
- Italian, Portuguese, French, Greek, Mandarin/Cantonese, Russian and German are available on request at an additional fee.