After a one-hour flight to David, we will be transferred to the Chiriquí River or Chiriquí Viejo River with a specialized guide where we will raft along four possible sections of these wild mountain rivers. We will eat a box lunch in a beautiful spot, each at half way, to return to Panama City in the afternoon flight. Palon - Class 4
Intrepid first timers and seasoned rafters will undoubtedly hail this section of Chiriquí Viejo River as a world class run with its non stop rapids, technical maneuvers, deep canyon gorges and its spectacular tropical jungle scenery. Please note
: Children below 14 years old are not permitted on this tour. Bajo Mendez - Class 3-4
Considered to be the forgiven river to its counterparts, the Palon involves big waters with plenty of room for maneuvering. Long wave trains and wild scenery make this section of Chiriquí River a perfect starting point for the first time rafter. Please note
: Children below 12 years old are not permitted on this tour. Sabo - Class 3
Lush and verdant forest borders along this lower section of the Chiriquí Viejo River. Big rapids dominate the first half of the section while the second part levels out to allow participants a chance to enjoy the surrounding wildlife and scenery. Feast your eyes… Cormorants, Kingfishers and Iguanas abound! Please note
: Children below 10 years old are not permitted on this tour. Barrigona - Class 2-3
Perfect for beginners and families, this section offers a glimpse of what whitewater can look and feel like. Although dominantly calm and serene, the Barrigona features few exciting class 3 rapids that will keep you on your toes. Please note
: Children below 8 years old are not permitted on this tour.
- Aerial and terrestrial transportation to rivers
- Breakfast and boxed lunch, bottled water
- Rafting equipment (hard-hat, life-saving jacket, and row)
- Specialized guide
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Personal expenses
- Palon is only open between December to April.
- Hotel pick ups are available for selected hotels within Panama City ONLY. Please click here
to view the list.
- It is required to bring waterproof equipment.
- Do not bring jewelry, credit cards, money, or valuables.
- It is recommended to bring one extra set of clothes change in a sealed plastic bag for the wet ride. The suggested clothing is short pants, swimsuit, another T-shirt, sneakers, or comfortable shoes. For the walking portion, bring hat, sandals or water shoes and towel.
- Do not forget your sunscreen and insect repellent.
- This expedition requires you to be in good condition as there are 2 hours of walking and paddling down the river.
- Italian, Portuguese, French, Greek, Mandarin/Cantonese, Russian and German are available on request at an additional fee.
- Overnight in a hotel of your choice in David, Boquete, Volcan, or Cerro Punta (Chiriquí Highlands) is available. Please inquire.