Versailles Bike Tour
Le Chateau de Versailles awaits you in all its grandeur as you return to the time period of the most famous French kings and queens. Allow us to bring you the most famous "house" in the world as few others have experienced it.
Once at Versailles, we'll first receive your bikes at a boutique right next to the train station. Then we'll visit the village market to buy baguettes, cheese, ham, wine or whatever you desire for our picnic later in the Chateau's gardens. We will spend most of our day riding through the tree-lined gardens and the average Versailles tourist doesn't realize that they can only visit a small fraction of the gardens on foot. We'll see it all!
- The Versailles Gardens - these world-famous gardens are alone worth the trip to Versailles and are enjoyed by most customers even more than the Chateau itself.
- The Hall of Mirrors - site of the signing of the treaty that ended World War I and also offers a beautiful view over the gardens.
- The Chateau - Located some 20 kilometers southwest of Paris, it was originally the royal hunting lodge. King Louis XIV moved his court officially to Versailles in 1682 and it became the seat of the French government and monarchy. The Château housed the royal family until 1789 when Revolutionaries forced them to return to Paris.
- The Versailles Food Market - we'll visit the famous Versailles market to shop for our picnic supplies. Bring our appetite and a wine bottle opener.
- The Picnic - we settle down at the far end of the Grand Canal for the best picnic of your life as everyone has too much of something and it becomes a feast.
- Grand and Petit Trianons - built by Kings Louis XIV and XV respectively, they offer a fantastic view into the original Versailles and the opulence the royalty enjoyed.
- Guided tour of Versailles
- Bicycle equipment
- Transport to and from Versailles
- Chateau entrance
- Audio guide
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Tour will not be cancelled because of rain.
- Tours are not available during the final stage of the Tour de France.
- We also have child bikes, child seats, child tandems and trailers. If possible, please let us know in advance that you'd like to reserve either a child seat or trailer.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
"Great experience! Everything was well organized, the tour guide knows about history and the only way to see the entire garden is riding a bike. Highly recommend it!"
Adriana R., Argentina