Wine and Cheese Lunch in Paris
Type: Day Tours in Paris
Departs From: Paris
Meeting Point: 68, rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Duration: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Available: daily at 12:15
Product Code: 3856
We are inviting you to indulge in the classic French gourmet pair: wine and cheese. A French sommelier will expertly guide you through this wonderful tasting experience that is a must for every Parisian tourist.
Beginning with a flute of Champagne, you will be expertly guided through a wonderful tasting experience by our sommelier. This little gem is the best of Paris attractions. Most of the presentation will be focused on wine, but our sommelier will suggest pairings, will explain to you why this cheese might work better with that wine. While you indulge in two of France's best delicacies, you will learn about French wine, how to read a french label, how to pair it with food.
A day spent walking around Paris can certainly create an appetite, so servings of wine and cheese are generous. Plus we add some saucisson (on top of the wine, cheese and presentation) to bring even more joy and color to the table.
- Champagne: how it is made and what makes it special
- Wine appreciation techniques: how to taste wine properly - techniques and vocabulary
- How to read a French wine label
- The main wine regions of France - the grapes they grow, the style of wines they make
- Food and wine pairings: helpful tips and recommendations
- Plus answers to any questions you may have
- English speaking sommelier giving a fun and informative presentation
- A selection of artisanal cheeses, charcuterie and bread baskets (same bakery as the president of France)
- The list of the wines we'll taste and a cheat sheet handed out at the end of the class
- Five good French wines (including one Champagne)
- Meals and drinks unless specified
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- This tour must be booked at least 24 hours in advance of your travel date.
- Confirmation for this product will be received at time of booking.
- Tastings are provided in English unless otherwise stated.
- Your voucher is to be given to your host prior to the tasting.
- Youths aged 16 years and under are not permitted alone.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
Price per adult $99.04
Departs daily at 12:15
- Prices are per person