We are inviting you to indulge in the classic French gourmet pair: wine and cheese. A French sommelier will expertly guide you through this wonderful tasting experience that is a must for every Parisian tourist.
Beginning with a flute of Champagne, you will be expertly guided through a wonderful tasting experience by our sommelier. This little gem is the best of Paris attractions. Most of the presentation will be focused on wine, but our sommelier will suggest pairings, will explain to you why this cheese might work better with that wine. While you indulge in two of France's best delicacies, you will learn about French wine, how to read a french label, how to pair it with food.
A day spent walking around Paris can certainly create an appetite, so servings of wine and cheese are generous. Plus we add some saucisson (on top of the wine, cheese and presentation) to bring even more joy and color to the table.
- Champagne: how it is made and what makes it special
- Wine appreciation techniques: how to taste wine properly - techniques and vocabulary
- How to read a French wine label
- The main wine regions of France - the grapes they grow, the style of wines they make
- Food and wine pairings: helpful tips and recommendations
- Plus answers to any questions you may have
- English speaking sommelier giving a fun and informative presentation
- A selection of artisanal cheeses, saucisson and bread baskets (same bakery as the president of France)
- The list of the wines we'll taste and a cheat sheet handed out at the end of the class
- Five good French wines (including one Champagne)
- 10% discount on food and drinks at the bar
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Tasting participants will be entitled to a 10% discount at the bar on both food and drinks.
- Origin of wines: All over France
- This tour must be booked at least 24 hours in advance of your travel date.
- Confirmation for this product will be received at time of booking.
- Tastings are provided in English unless otherwise stated.
- All tastings take place upstairs, therefore they are not wheelchair accessible. No minimum attendance required.
- Your voucher is to be given to your host prior to the tasting.
- Youths aged 16 years and under are not permitted alone.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.