Rediscover the true meaning of nature, as once enjoyed by Alfred Sisley and his other impressionist friends. Fly above the emerald green forests, home to wild boar and deer and hunting ground to the Kings of France, above rivers and romantic little villages less than an hour away from Paris.
The advantage of flying a balloon as opposed to other types of aircraft is simply its diverse ability to literally skim over rivers, brush over the treetops and attain a height of more than 1000 meters whilst providing panoramic landscape views! Essentially, how high the flights go depend upon the climatic conditions at the given time as well as the disposition of the passengers.
There is no physical link between the balloon and the ground (like a ladder or a bridge) so there is no feeling of dizziness or vertigo. During the flight the basket remains stable and there is a feeling of incredible ease whilst taking-off.
Balloons go with the wind, the pilot can only control the altitude of the balloon by heating the inside of the envelope with the burners. Stability in the air is necessary as well as a slight wind and a mild temperature. The only way to get all these conditions is to take off just after sunrise or just before sunset. Happily dawn and dusk are the most beautiful moments of the day !
The total excursion time is three hours with a flight time of approximately one hour. This includes the balloon preparation and inflation, the flight, the traditional "toast aux Aéronautes" at the landing and the return by vehicle to the starting point.
- Full insurance, air & ground,
- All bilingual pilots, (with minimum 1000 hours flying experience)
- Full safety briefing and good flight information
- Flight certificate and champagne on landing
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Please indicate your weight upon booking in order for your reservation to be processed.
- Weekday tickets are not valid for holidays.
- Confirmation of weather and appointment: 24 hours before departure the passenger should call the base office indicated at the time of booking and to confirm the weather conditions, time and venue.
- We do not fly children under 6 years. Child rates are applicable for ages 12 years and under and must be accompanied by an adult.
- For non-residents with a invoice address overseas in the event of unsuitable flying conditions, your flight can be rescheduled or refunded, a handling charge per ticket refund will be retained.
- Web map links and GPS coordinates will be sent with confirmation. These meeting points may be change by the pilot according to wind conditions. Other flight meeting points may be added periodically.
- Bring a sweater or a fleece as it can be cool whilst the balloon is being set up and for after the landing. Temperature during the flight is approximately the same as on the ground. The fact that the balloon flies in the air mass means there is no air current aboard the basket. But don't forget the heat emanating from the burners. Also please wear comfortable footwear, something you would wear for a walk in the country.
- If you have a cardiac problem and you're planning to fly in the mountains, it is better to ask your doctor about the maximum altitude you should go.
- Flights may sometimes be cancelled even in good weather conditions. This is due to the strength of the wind - which isn't at the same strength on the ground as higher up. Flights are cancelled when the wind is more than 20 km p.h. for safety reasons.
- In case of bad weather, partial refunds will be made.
- - Free cancellation: 8 days prior to date of activity.
- - 20% Cancellation Fee (80% reimbursement): 4 to 7 days prior to date of activity.
- - 100% cancellation Fee (No reimbursement): Less than 4 days before the date of activity.