Le Memorial de Caen D-Day Tour
Type: Tours in Caen
Departs From: Paris
Meeting Point: St. Lazare Station
Duration: 10 hours
Available: daily at 06:45
Product Code: 8411
Enjoy a day to relive the Landing! Plunge into the history of a war that moved the 20th century.
Purchase a train ticket to Caen at the Paris St. Lazare Train Station. Your guide will meet you at the main hall of Caen Train Station. You will first be taken to visit the WWII area at Le Memorial de Caen. Visit the museum and discover the story of the Second World War, from its origins to the Battle of Normandy.
Then follow your guide to the D-Day Landing Beaches in the afternoon, and discover the artificial harbour in Arromanches, the American Cemetery in Colleville-sur-mer and the Pointe du Hoc.
- Pick-up at the Caen Train Station
- 2.5-hour guided tour of the World War II area of the Mémorial de Caen Museum
- Lunch at the Mémorial de Caen
- 5-hour guided tour of the D-Day Landing Beaches
- An illustrated booklet on the D-Day Landings
- Drop-off at the Caen train station
- Train tickets to/from Caen
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Personal expenses
- This tour must be booked at least 2 days before the chosen tour date.
- Train tickets to/from Caen must be purchased separately.
- The train ride to/from Caen is a direct trip, and takes about 2 to 2.5 hours.
- Train departure from the Paris St. Lazare Station is scheduled at 06:45. Pick-up from the Caen Train Station is scheduled at 08:55.
- Train times are approximate. Contact details will be provided on your voucher for you to confirm which trains to catch for the tour date you selected.
- Special time schedules apply on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays.
- You are advised to take this tour on a weekday.
- Return and drop-off at Caen Train Station is scheduled between 19:00-20:00 in high season, or 18:00-19:00 in low season.
- The landing beaches will NOT operate on June 06, 2014 due to the commemorations of the 70th anniversary.
Price per adult $157.73
Price per child $157.73
Departs daily at 06:45
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 18 and below.