Guided Tour of the Versailles Apartments
Versailles represents a reminder of the grandeur of classical French architecture. The extravagant decoration and layout of the entire site reflect the will of King Louis XIV, known as the Sun King. In the beautifully decorated State Apartments (Hall of Mirrors and Queen's apartments) your guide will enthrall you on the life of the Kings.
Itinerary / Schedule
- A guided visit to the reception area of the King and Queen's apartments in Versailles
- Free time to stroll around the palace and gardens
- English and Spanish for every departure
- German on Tuesday and Friday mornings
- French on Wednesday and Saturday mornings
- Portuguese on Thursday mornings
- Russian on Saturday mornings
- Italian for afternoon departures in summer
- Transport in a luxury air conditioned coach
- Entrance to Versailles Palace
- Authorization fees for guided visits paid by us.
- Services of a licensed multilingual guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Meals and drinks
- Children below 4 years old are free of charge.
- We suggest a good pair of walking / flat shoes to avoid discomfort. No high heels.
- Pushchairs are forbidden inside the Versailles palace.
- *The entrance to the Gardens is not included on special event days such as the Fountain Display, or the Musical Gardens : generally during the week end, on Tuesday and bank holidays, from April to October.
- **The afternoon tour with special musical fountain show is also available on certain dates for Summer. During those days the regular afternoon departure is not available.
- We recommend you avoid to reserve your visit Tuesdays morning as Versailles palace is overcrowded.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
"Everything went fine. There were severe delays getting into the Palace, but that was not the fault of the tour company. The guides were informative and friendly."
Jane D., United Kingdom