Versailles represents a reminder of the grandeur of classical French architecture. The extravagant decoration and layout of the entire site reflect the will of King Louis XIV, known as the Sun King. In the beautifully decorated State Apartments (Hall of Mirrors and Queen's apartments) your guide will enthrall you on the life of the Kings. This tour allows you to skip the line. After a guided visit of the King and Queen's State apartments within the palace, you will have free time to explore the palace gardens and have lunch.
The tour crosses the southern districts of Paris to take the Autoroute du Soleil (motorway of the sun) to Fontainebleau. The Fontainebleau palace, lavishly built and furnished in Renaissance period style, was a favorite hunting residence of the French Kings. The apartments occupied by Napoleon were recently restored and are included in our tour.
On leaving Barbizon, we cross a small section of the famous Fontainebleau forest to get to a guided visit of the castle. There will be free time to explore the palace gardens.
- A guided visit to the reception area of the King and Queen's apartments in Versailles
- Free time to stroll around the palace and gardens
- A guided visit to the palace
- A drive past the Fontainebleau forest
- A short stop at Barbizon
- Transportation in luxury air conditioned coach.
- Entrance fees for the visits of Versailles and Fontainebleau palaces.
- The services of a licensed multilingual guide
- Meals and drinks
- Entrance to Versailles gardens
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- English, French, Spanish: Wednesday
- English, French, Italian: Saturday
- Children below 4 years old are free of charge.
- The two tours must be taken the same day.
- We suggest a good pair of walking / flat shoes to avoid discomfort. No high heels.
- Pushchairs are forbidden inside the Versailles palace.
- During the summer weekends and special events, the Versailles garden's fountains are on full display. Tickets to enter the gardens are not included in the tour.
- Cloakroom compulsory for umbrellas, luggage, pushchairs that are not to be taken in the exhibition rooms.