In 1858, the Virgin Mary appeared eighteen times, in the grotto of Massabielle, to a poor 14-year-old peasant girl, named Bernadette Soubirous. Today, Lourdes welcomes 5 million pilgrims annually from over 150 countries. Even larger crowds are expected this year as Lourdes celebrates the 150th Jubilee of the apparitions.
The tour starts off with a transfer to Montparnasse train station from the meeting point where we board the Atlantic TGV train and cross the Beauce, Touraine, Poitou, Aquitaine, Bordeaux and Les Landes regions of France.
When we arrive at the foot of the Pyrenees mountains, a transfer will take us to the La Solitude hotel (or similar) located only a hundred meters away from the entrance to the Sanctuary. The hotel is in the city center and has easy access to the different religious sites and other attractions.
There will be designated free time to go the Miraculous Grotto, to explore the Basilica, to the Baths and to see the impressive day and night processions.
Accommodation and dinner will be at the hotel.
- Chicken Soup
- Croque Marie Rose
- Turkey Tournedos in a red wine sauce
- Vichy Carrots and Potatoes Noisette
- Chocolate cake with custard
On the second day, There is more free time to discover the charms of Lourdes on your own pace. Breakfast is served at the hotel.
The tour will board the TGV train back to Paris at 14:55. Services end upon your arrival at the Paris Montparnasse train station.
- Transfer to Montparnasse Station
- Travel to Lourdes
- Free time to visit the Miraculous Grotto, the Basilica, the Baths and the day and night processions
- Dinner, overnight accommodation and breakfast at the hotel
- Free time to explore Lourdes
- Travel back to Paris
- Transfer from our bus terminal to Montparnasse station.
- Train ticket in TGV Paris/Lourdes and return (2nd class with reservation or 1st class).
- Accommodation in a 3*** hotel minimum (double room accommodation with bathroom).
- Dinner and continental breakfast at the hotel
- Meals and drinks not included in the description
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Children below 3 years old can take the tours for free. Any hotel or restaurant expenses must be paid for directly by the parents.
- The Lourdes assistant will provide all clients with an information booklet about Lourdes including details on religious ceremonies, processions and opening times for the baths.
- There is a possibility to participate to the religious procession at night.
- Menus are indicative and are subject to change.
- Train times are subject to change.