Two Days Lourdes On Your Own trip from Paris via TGV Train - Summer Only
Type: Tours in Lourdes from Paris
Departs From: Paris
Meeting Point: 2 rue des Pyramides 75001 Paris
Duration: 2 days / 1 night
Available: Wednesday Friday at 08:30
Product Code: 993
In 1858, the Virgin Mary appeared eighteen times, in the grotto of Massabielle, to a poor 14-year-old peasant girl, named Bernadette Soubirous. Today, Lourdes welcomes 5 million pilgrims annually from over 150 countries. Even larger crowds are expected this year as Lourdes celebrates the 150th Jubilee of the apparitions.
The tour starts off with a transfer to Montparnasse train station from the meeting point where we board the Atlantic TGV train and cross the Beauce, Touraine, Poitou, Aquitaine, Bordeaux and Les Landes regions of France.
When we arrive at the foot of the Pyrenees mountains, a transfer will take us to the La Solitude hotel (or similar) located only a hundred meters away from the entrance to the Sanctuary. The hotel is in the city center and has easy access to the different religious sites and other attractions.
There will be designated free time to go the Miraculous Grotto, to explore the Basilica, to the Baths and to see the impressive day and night processions.
Accommodation and dinner will be at the hotel.
- Chicken Soup
- Croque Marie Rose
- Turkey Tournedos in a red wine sauce
- Vichy Carrots and Potatoes Noisette
- Chocolate cake with custard
On the second day, There is more free time to discover the charms of Lourdes on your own pace. Breakfast is served at the hotel.
The tour will board the TGV train back to Paris at 14:55. Services end upon your arrival at the Paris Montparnasse train station.
- Transfer to Montparnasse Station
- Travel to Lourdes
- Free time to visit the Miraculous Grotto, the Basilica, the Baths and the day and night processions
- Dinner, overnight accommodation and breakfast at the hotel
- Free time to explore Lourdes
- Travel back to Paris
- Transfer from our bus terminal to Montparnasse station.
- Train ticket in TGV Paris/Lourdes and return (2nd class with reservation or 1st class).
- Accommodation in a 3*** hotel minimum (double room accommodation with bathroom).
- Dinner and continental breakfast at the hotel
- Meals and drinks not included in the description
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Children below 4 years old can take the tours for free. Any hotel or restaurant expenses must be paid for directly by the parents.
- The Lourdes assistant will provide all clients with an information booklet about Lourdes including details on religious ceremonies, processions and opening times for the baths.
- There is a possibility to participate to the religious procession at night.
- Menus are indicative and are subject to change.
- Train times are subject to change.
Option Double Room with Regular TGV Ticket From 2 and more pers
Price per adult $509.37
Price per child $509.37
Departs Wednesday Friday at 08:30
Option Single Room with Regular TGV Ticket
Price per adult $597.84
Price per child $597.84
Departs Wednesday Friday at 08:30
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 17 and below.
Ma Lourdes D., Philippines
Overall, the TGV trip to Lourdes as well as the choice of the Solitude Hotel were highly satisfactory. However, it could have been so much better if Cityrama were more considerate about the importance of time for travelers. For several nights prior to taking the Lourdes Tour, we were staying at Hotel Pullman Montparnasse (Paris), which is located across Gare Montparnasse, where the TGV to Lourdes starts. Yet, we were required to go to the Cityrama Office to meet with the tour guide on the morning of the tour, only to be brought back to Gare Montparnasse to take the TGV to Lourdes - despite our visit to the Cityrama office the day before the Lourdes Tour and our request to just meet at the Gare. It was a complete waste of time and energy for us. We could have had a more leisurely breakfast instead of rushing by Metro to be at the Cityrama Office in Paris, only to be brought back by bus to Gare Montparnasse for the Lourdes TGV train. Hope that Cityrama will put more importance in the convenience of its customers rather than its own convenience.
Peter L., Canada
We enjoyed the trip and we will definitely recommend it to our friends.
"The tour was very organized...from the transportation, to hotel and even the welcome-to-Lourdes pack."
Pia Marina Q., Philippines