Chateaux Country - 2 Days - Summer Only
Known as the Garden of France and the Cradle of the French Language, Loire Valley is also noteworthy for the quality of its architectural heritage. Its historic towns count more that 300 chateaus in its area, among the most famous of which are Châteaux d'Amboise, Château de Villandry and Chenonceau.
The tour starts in Paris from the southern districts and takes the Aquitaine motorway. We continue as far as Amboise for a guided visit and free time for lunch. Our afternoon features a guided visit of the Clos-Lucé, Leonardo da Vinci's last dwelling and the gardens of Villandry. Afterward, we pay a visit to the old historic districts of Tours.
Your evening meal and accommodation will be at the Mercure Tours Nord (or similar).
Hotel Mercure Tours Nord Evening Meal Menu
- Vegetable savoury pastry
- Salmon cutlet with garniture
- Cheese (Sainte Maure de Touraine)
- Apple pie and ice cream
The next day, after a buffet breakfast, we depart for Chenonceau for a guided visit of the castle. We continue our morning with a guided visit of the Château de Cheverny followed by lunch at the Hotel Saint-Hubert, a regional rustic-style restaurant.
Hotel Saint-Hubert Lunch Menu
- Smoked salmon with chive cream
- Roast poultry with mushroom sauce,
- Gratine of Potatoes and French beans
- A plate with 2 pieces of cheese
- Fruit pie
Our stay in the Loire Valley ends with a guided visit of the royal Château de Chambord. We leave for Paris around 16:30 on Sunday.
- Transportation in luxury air conditioned coach.
- Entrance tickets for the six guided visits.
- Accommodation in 3* hotel (double room accommodation with bathroom).
- Porterage service on hotel arrival and departure.
- Dinner on the first night, buffet breakfast and lunch on the second day.
- Services of our licensed multilingual guide.
- Meals and drinks not included in the description
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 4 years old can take the tours for free. Any hotel or restaurant expenses must be paid for directly by the parents.
- We suggest a good pair of walking / flat shoes to avoid discomfort. No high heels.
- There is a good range of souvenir shops to satisfy passengers of any nationality.
- This tour does not operate on any special events.
- Single room option can be booked online and is mandatory for one person traveling alone.
- Menus are indicative and are subject to change.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.