Mont Saint Michel + Chateau Country - 3 Day Summer Tour
Mont Saint-Michel is a rocky island located in the biggest bay in Europe, rightly named "The Marvel of the Western World," and still one of the most famous pilgrimage centers since the Middle Ages
Meanwhile, the Loire Valley, known as the Garden of France and the Cradle of the French Language, is also noteworthy for the quality of its architectural heritage. Its historic towns count more that 300 chateaus in its area, among the most famous of which are Châteaux d'Amboise, Château de Villandry and Chenonceau.
The tour drives through the green landscapes of the Normandy region to reach the island of Mont Saint Michel on the first day. Lunch will be at Relais St Michel, a modern restaurant with refined decor and an excellent view of the Mont-Saint-Michel monument.
Relais Saint Michel Lunch Menu
- Poultry Scaloppe or Salmon
- Rice with mushrooms
- "blanc manger" with fruits
- Water and cider (1 bottle for 6 persons)
- Coffee or Tea
Afterwards, the tour takes a guided visit to the abbey and some free time later for a walk in the village.
We have dinner and spend the night at Mercure-Lac de Maine hotel (or similar) in Angers.
Hotel Mercure Lac De Maine Dinner Menu
- Leek tart
- Tarragon flavoured poultry served with two vegetables
- Whipped egg white with vanilla custard
- Drinks are not included
On Saturday, we depart the hotel with short stop at the Château d'Angers, before moving on to Amboise passing by Cunault and Saumur. A guided visit of the Château of Langeais is followed soon after by some free time for lunch (not included) in Amboise.
We continue with a guided visit of the Clos-Lucé, Leonardo da Vinci's last dwelling and the gardens of Villandry. We also pay a visit to the old historic district of Tours. Evening meal and overnight stop is at the Hotel Mercure Tours Nord.
Hotel Mercure Tours Nord Dinner Menu
- Mushroom savoury pastry
- Salmon cutlet with garniture
- Apple pie with vanilla ice cream.
We depart for a guided visit of the Château de Chenonceau on Sunday morning. We continue as far as Cheverny for a guided visit of the "Château de Cheverny" and lunch at the Hotel Saint-Hubert.
Hotel Saint-Hubert Lunch Menu
- Smoked salmon with cream
- Roast poultry with mushroom sauce
- Fruit pie.
Our stay in the Loire Valley finishes with a guided visit of the "Château de Chambord," the largest and most imposing castle in the valley. We leave Chambord at 16:30 and reach Paris around 19:00.
- Transportation in luxury air conditioned coach.
- Entrance tickets for the various monument visits.
- Accommodation (2 nights) in 3*** hotels (double room accommodation with private bathroom).
- Meals included : Lunch on the first day, buffet breakfasts, dinner every evening and lunch on the third day.
- Porterage service on hotel arrival and departure.
- Services of our licensed multilingual guide.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Meals and drinks not included in the description
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
Not Available On
- Children below 4 years old can take the tours for free. Any hotel or restaurant expenses must be paid for directly by the parents.
- Comfortable clothes and good shoes recommended.
- This tour is not available on any special events.
- Drinks are not included except at the Relais St Michel.
- Menus are indicative and may be subject to change without notice.
- Single room option can be booked online and is mandatory for one person traveling alone. No triple room available.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.
"The English speaking tour guide on the Mont Saint Michael was excellent. The English speaking tour guide on the Chateau Country portion was very poor. He talked to the exhibit and not to the listeners. He often stood in front of what he was describing. He was not knowledgeable about distances to walk. "
William N., USA