Type: Tours around Perth
Departs From: Perth
Meeting Point: Hotel pick-up or at Shop 1, Old Perth Port, Barrack Square
Duration: 12 hours and 30 minutes
Available: Tuesday Friday Sunday at 08:00 or Tuesday Wednesday Friday Sunday at 08:00
Product Code: 753
Out in the wide sky wheat plains, Wave Rock stands as a perfect surfers wave yet frozen in solid rock. The colonial town of York, set in the lush Avon Valley, tiny wheatlands townships and other strange rocks protruding from arid soil show the real Australia, ever waiting for life giving rains.
- Cross the Swan River Causeway and pass Burswood Casino and Resort
- Head east and follow the sun on to the Great Eastern Highway
- Climb the Darling Ranges and cross vast dry farming plains
- Visit historic York - original and untouched centre of the Avon Valley
- Look for crows, cockatoos and galahs
- Wheatbelt town of Corrigin - noted for the "dog in the ute" national record
- Hyden - town center for Wave Rock
- Striking rock formations of Hippo's Yawn
- Wave Rock - one of nature's most remarkable creations
- Enjoy a picnic lunch at Wave Rock Wildflowers shop
- Take an exclusive Aboriginal guided tour along the base and over the top of Wave Rock
- Time to visit the native Wildlife Park or browse in the Antique Lace Collection
- Explore the Humps and Mulka's Cave
- Learn the story of Mulka and ancient Aboriginal cave paintings
- Stop at "bustling" Babakin, population 18 for a delicious country style afternoon tea - a special treat! (own expense)
- During wildflower season (September - November) roadside stops will be made to view native wildflowers
- Journey back to Perth passing endless farms and big horizons
- Superb views of Perth's evening lights from the majestic Darling Ranges.
- Hotel pick-up View Hotel Pick-up List
- Buffet picnic lunch
- Admission to Wave Rock and Antique Lace Collection
- Guided tour at Wave Rock
- Personal Expenses
- Tips and Gratuities
- Optional Activity Costs
- Children below 4 years old are free of charge, provided they do not occupy seats.
Click on the season date to view price
Option English Guide
Price per adult $201.23
Price per child $112.31
Departs Tuesday Friday Sunday at 08:00
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 14 and below.
Chris H., Canada
A very, very long bus ride from Perth. Wave Rock was amazing, though, so mostly worth it. And the little zoo in Hyden (where we had lunch) was very good. It had a very friendly koala!
Geoff M., United Kingdom
The trip was made by driver Gordon Brown who was informative and interesting without becoming a bore.