If you are a fan of music and nice performances, this tour is here for you. This is an excellent introduction to the unforgettable Krizík's Music Fountain, which was constructed at the beginning of the 20th century. It is a fantastic performance of water and light followed by music.
In 1891, the citizens of Prague were able to use their first electric tram track going from Letna to Stromovka, where the World Exhibition took place. The most notable exhibit at the Exposition was then an electrically-lit fountain, constructed by Frantisek Krizík, the "Czech Edison."
In the 19th century, the bottom of the fountain plate was equipped with fifty multicolored reflectors. Today, the fountain has around 1, 300, making the magical play of lights possible. Time and age has also brought about other technical novelties and refinements such as: the projection of images on the water screen, film projection on the water screen or laser effects. There is a new light park and the auditorium has perfect acoustics, thanks to the fifty-five electro-acoustic transmitters.
The Light Fountain became a unique and popular sensation at the Exposition one hundred years ago. Today, one of the most notable structures of Prague's exhibition grounds remains one of the greatest attractions of the hundred-spired Prague. An amphitheater was built close to the fountain, and it is consistently filled with water and light shows, amplified by the most amazing melodies such as classical music, pop star hits and unique original Czech art projects.
- See Krizík's Musical Fountain*
- Hear the Music of Smetana, Dvorák as well as Mercury, Vangelis, Lloyd and More
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in Prague
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Children below 3 years old are free of charge.
- Reservations must be made at least 12 hours in advance.
- *Krizik's Fountain is closed from November 1 to March 31. During these months, an extended coach portion will be substituted allowing for the opportunity to see more sights in Prague.
- - Free cancellation: 8 days prior to date of activity.
- - 20% Cancellation Fee (80% reimbursement): between 4 to 7 days prior to date of activity.
- - 100% cancellation Fee (No reimbursement): Less than 4 days before the date of activity.