Take an early land transfer to Copacabana Sanctuary. Board the Catamaran Cruise Ship and snack on board while sailing to Sun Island, the legendary birthplace of the Inca Empire. Once there, visit the Inca Garden, steps and fountain before going to the Inti Wata Cultural Complex and the Ekako Underground Museum. Take a look around the traditional medicine and the Titikaka Reed Shipbuilders display centers, the Pachamama agricultural Inca terraces, the Intica lounge and at the Manco Kapac look out - where you'll see the largest variety of Andean camelids. Enjoy a unique sailing experience aboard a huge Titikaka traditional vessel for a panoramic visit to the Pilkokaina Inca Palace.
Cruise to Sun Island's isolated Challapampa Village, while enjoying lunch on board. Take advantage of this opportunity to interact with one of the most unspoiled indigenous Titikaka villages through an innovative program organized with the local community visiting their own museum, chapel, school, a typical house, sailing in their vessels to an Inca holy temple and walking through Inca trails.
Then have a romantic candle light dinner and spend the night on board the catamaran in lake view cabins with private facilities.
Itinerary or Activities
- Transfer from Puno to Copacabana through bus
- Copacabana land tour, with visits to Cathedral and Main Square
- Copacabana to Sun Island through catamaran
- Sailing from south to north Sun Island through catamaran, with lunch on board
- North Sun Island land tour and some visits to Challapampa native village, Challapampa museum, Chinkana Inca Holy Temple, and Inca Sacred Rock
- Sailing on a typical Sun Island wood vessel
- Exclusive view of Kallawaya ancient ceremony
- Inca soft trekking
- For groups, exclusive music and garland welcome by Challapampa natives
- Wishing of visitors and offering to the sacred lake
- Overnight on board, with dinner and folkloric demonstration
- Transfer to South Sun Island through Catamaran, with buffer breakfast and a visit to Pilkokaina Inca Palace
- South Sun Island land tour and some visits to Inca Garden, Inca Steps, and Inca Water Spring
- Exclusive view of ancient sailing demonstration using reed vessel replica
- Transfer from south Sun Island to Chua through catamaran, with Lunch on board and a passage to Tiquina Strait
- Transfer from Chua to La Paz through bus
- English-speaking escort guide from Puno to Copacabana
- Land transportation
- Catamaran lake crossing
- Land tours
- Exclusive Sun Island Inti Wata Complex bilingual guide
- Exclusive sailing on a typical Sun Island wood vessel
- Overnight on board
- Folkloric demonstration
- Ancient sailing demonstration
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- For 1 to 11 participants, the tour of Sun Island Inti Wata Complex will only be conducted in English. For 12 or more, any required language will be offered only after an advance notice. Please inquire.
- Option for transfer to/from hotel is applicable for guests staying at:
Posada del Inca Hotel
Eco Inn Hotel in Puno
- Kindly indicate your preferred route upon booking.
- Departure from Puno might be modified to 06:00 due to expansion in our services at Sun Island.
- Passengers traveling alone are required to pay the single room charge. Please inquire.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.