We will exit Punta del Este by 'Brava' Beach west, passing through the Barra of Maldonado, towards the Department of Rocha.
We will arrive at Cape 'Polonio', a solitary town reachable only by 4x4 vehicles, horseback or a two-hour hike through a desert-like landscape. The residents live a peaceful and simple lifestyle and enjoy the solitude and vastness of the ocean surrounded by white sands.
We will visit the Lighthouse and after free time to have lunch, we will visit the impressive natural setting of Mount Ombues where you'll marvel at the native Ombu trees, the lush wetland and the great diversity of birds and native animals. This location is one of the best places for bird watching.
- Services of a guide / interpreter
- Transportation by specially equipped vehicles
- Meals and refreshments
- Tickets to museums or other tourist attractions (unless specified)
- Children up to 5 years are without charge whenever they do not occupy a seat.
- Tour available in Spanish with explanations in Portuguese and occasionally English. For other languages, please inquire.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.