We depart from Quito through the Panamericana North, where we will visit the town of Calderon with its typical masapan handicrafts. After a brief stop at Cayambe where the equatorial line crosses diving the world in two hemispheres, we will continue toward Otavalo to visit its Indian market full of Ecuador typical handicrafts. After lunch, we will visit the town of Cotacachi where you will find leather goods.
The next day, we will have some breakfast before we visit a musical instrument workshop where you can experience the making of Andean instruments. Next, you will visit a flower plantation and an hacienda, where they make local foodstuffs like the famous "Helados de Paila" (ice cream made by hand in big & deep pots) and the traditional biscuit fingers. In the afternoon, we return to Quito.
- Hotel pick up
- Bilingual guide
- Meals: 1 lunch, 1 dinner and 1 breakfast
- Accommodations (First Class or Luxury Class)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Tours in French, German and Italian may be subject to additional costs.
- Accommodations are based on double occupancy. Please inquire for single accommodations.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.