Taste the unique flavors and meet the local faces of Quito on this culinary tour through the sweet spots of this fair city!
Start the morning by joining your guide on a visit to one of the oldest bakeries in Quito. See how the iconic quesadilla is made and sample its traditional flavors which have been perfected over generations.
Next, travel through backstreets and lesser known neighborhoods to the southern part of Quito. Here, visit a family-owned micro-enterprise that has been created sweet delicacies for more than 80 years. Take the chance to sample the exquisite caramel delicacy known as "majar de leche," which is made before your very eyes.
Afterwards, continue the tour by learning the history and production process behind the creation of the sweets known as "mistelas." Some mistelas are made with whiskey and rum so be sure to try these special flavors!
Next, don your apron for a fun and interactive cooking class in a local home. Try your hand at making delicious tamales and empanadas - two culinary classics that can be found in most food markets, cafes and restaurants throughout South America.
By the end of the day, you will be full of culinary knowledge with a stomach full of sweets!
- Private guide
- Meals specified in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Tour will be operated as a guaranteed Small Group Tour with a maximum of 12 guests.
- Children below 6 years old are not permitted on this tour.
- We suggest wearing comfortable clothing, a warm jacket, comfortable shoes and a hat.
- Quito's climate is variable so it is recommended to use sun block for sunny days.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.