See the birthplace of rafting in Iceland! Just a short skip from Reykjavík, the beautiful Hvítá (Kveetau
) River carries the milky run-off of the mighty Langjökull Glacier on its twisting journey to Iceland's south coast.
Since the first descents of Hvítá in 1983, the River Fun rafting trip has grown to become Iceland's most popular adventure activity. Featuring a balanced blend of wilderness, serenity and exciting rapids, a rafting trip down Hvítá is guaranteed to charm and impress the whole family!
On this trip we raft a 7-kilometer stretch of the river through the scenic canyons of Brúarhlöð, and have the opportunity to jump from volcanic cliffs into the invigorating glacial waters. A classic and convenient adventure in the heart of southern Iceland's sightseeing highlights.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (depending on option chosen)
- Rafting on the Hvita River
- Entry to shower and sauna
- Lunch or BBQ dinner (depending on chosen option)
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- No river rafting experience required. Children ages between 10 and 11 years are only allowed to raft half of the distance.
- Please bring a warm sweater (not made of cotton), bathing suit, towel and a change of clothing.