This tour takes us along the beautiful south shore of Iceland to the extraordinary glacial lagoon, J÷kulsßrlˇn, often referred to as the "Bond Lagoon" by tourists!
We will pass some charming villages as well as the waterfalls Seljalandsfoss and Skogarfoss and Skaftafell National Park. Just before we reach the lagoon we pass Iceland's biggest volcano, Oraefajokull glacier which has the highest peak of the island, Hvannadalshnj˙kur (2110 m).
After we arrive at the lagoon we have some time to view this stunning area before we take a boat tour on the lagoon. The boats that carry us are no ordinary boats as they are capable of driving short distances on land as well as sailing on the water. Jokulsarlon started to form in the early nineteen twenties and is getting bigger every year. You will see many amazing blocks of ice that have broken off Europe's biggest glacier, Vatnajokull, and sail slowly towards the ocean which is only a kilometer away.
After a refreshing sail on the lagoon we head back to ReykjavÝk.
- English, German
- Complimentary Pick up Service from your hotel or guesthouse in Reykjavik at 07:30
- Boat tour on Jokulsarlon glacial lagoon
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Personal Expenses
- Tips and Gratuities
- Optional Activity Costs
- Tuesday departures are also guided in German.
- Children from 0-11 years are free. Applicable when child is accompanied by full-paying adult.
- Maximum of 2 children / youth per full paying adult.
- Pick-up from selected hotels must be confirmed with local operator at least 24 hours before departure. Contact information will be provided on the voucher.
- If the Jokulsarlon Glacial Lagoon is too frozen, the boat ride will be replaced by dinner in the town of Vik.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.