In one afternoon, this popular excursion enables visitors to experience some of the most exciting natural phenomena Iceland has to offer.
We visit Pingvellir National Park, where the Icelandic parliament Al■ingi was established in 930 AD. Geologically it is unique because the American and European tectonic plates meet here and these continents are slowly drifting apart. In 2004 Pingvellir was added to UNESCO's World Heritage List and is now one of eight hundred places in the world that have been honored by UNESCO.
We stop to view the waterfall Gullfoss (English: Golden Waterfall) and the spouting hot spring of Geysir and Strokkur. We continue our journey to Hverageri town, a small, but beautiful, horticultural town where you will see how geothermal energy has been harnessed to create unique greenhouse cultivation. We then travel over a mountain heath back to the capital.
Although this trip is an "express" tour, you will be visiting some of the very best known historical sites and natural phenomena in the country.
- Complimentary pick-up service from your hotel or guesthouse in ReykjavÝk at 12:30
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Pick-up from selected hotels must be confirmed with local operator at least 24 hours before departure. Contact information will be provided on the voucher.
- Children from 0-11 years are free. Applicable when child is accompanied by full-paying adult.
- Maximum of 2 children / youth per full paying adult.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.