Type: Tours around Reykjavik
Departs From: Reykjavik
Meeting Point: Pick-up at hotel, cruise port, or guesthouse in Reykjavik
Duration: 8.5 hours
Available: daily at 08:30 (Availability might vary depending on the season. Check the Availability Calendar for more information.)
Product Code: 391
This popular excursion introduces you to some of the best-known natural phenomena in Iceland.
We will visit the Nesjavellir power plant, a high temperature geothermal area situated in the picturesque landscape of Lake Žingvallavatn. From there we enter Žingvellir National Park, where the Icelandic parliament Alžingi was founded in 930 AD, which makes it the oldest known functioning parliament in the world. Geologically it is also unique as the American and European tectonic plates meet here. These continents are slowly drifting apart, which you will see clearly when you visit.
We continue to the beautiful waterfall Gullfoss (English: Golden Waterfall) and from there to the geothermal area around the incredible spouting hot springs of Geysir and Strokkur. We will then proceed to Skįlholt church, the ancient seat of the Icelandic bishops. On our way back we we will travel through fertile agricultural areas to Hveragerši, a small and charming horticultural village.
Due to weather and road conditions we cannot guarantee visits to Nesjavellir in the wintertime.
-French - every Monday
-Scandinavian - every Friday
-German - every Saturday
- Pick-up and drop-off at hotel, cruise port or guesthouse in Reykjavik
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Visits to Nesjavellir in the wintertime are not guaranteed due to weather and road conditions
- Pick-up from selected hotels must be confirmed with local operator at least 24 hours before departure. Contact information will be provided on the voucher.
- Children 11 years old and younger are free. Applicable when child is accompanied by full-paying adult.
- Maximum of 2 children / youth per full paying adult.
Click on the season date to view price
Option in English
Price per adult $80.41
Price per child $40.20
Departs daily at 08:30
- Prices are per person
- Child prices are valid for children ages 11 and below.
JOSEF W., Australia
The tour was very good and very interesting. The guide – excellent The only thing to consider – too much information at times. No one will remember all of it anyway and talking almost non
Samantha S., United Kingdom
"Pick up from hotel worked well. Our guide was excellent and very knowledgeable. We felt very safe with our driver. This was a great way to see quite a large area of Iceland on our short city break"
Gordon D., United Kingdom