This popular excursion introduces you to some of the best-known natural phenomena in Iceland.
We will visit the Nesjavellir power plant, a high temperature geothermal area situated in the picturesque landscape of Lake Þingvallavatn. From there we enter Þingvellir National Park, where the Icelandic parliament Alþingi was founded in 930 AD, which makes it the oldest known functioning parliament in the world. Geologically it is also unique as the American and European tectonic plates meet here. These continents are slowly drifting apart, which you will see clearly when you visit.
We continue to the beautiful waterfall Gullfoss (English: Golden Waterfall) and from there to the geothermal area around the incredible spouting hot springs of Geysir and Strokkur. We will then proceed to Skálholt church, the ancient seat of the Icelandic bishops. On our way back we we will travel through fertile agricultural areas to Hveragerði, a small and charming horticultural village.
Due to weather and road conditions we cannot guarantee visits to Nesjavellir in the wintertime.
-French - every Monday
-Scandinavian - every Friday
-German - every Saturday
- Pick-up and drop-off at hotel, cruise port or guesthouse in Reykjavik
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Visits to Nesjavellir in the wintertime are not guaranteed due to weather and road conditions
- Pick-up from selected hotels must be confirmed with local operator at least 24 hours before departure. Contact information will be provided on the voucher.
- Please be ready at least 45 minutes prior to scheduled departure time.
- Children 11 years old and younger are free. Applicable when child is accompanied by full-paying adult.
- Maximum of 2 children / youth per full paying adult.
- - Free cancellation: 8 days prior to date of activity.
- - 20% Cancellation Fee (80% reimbursement): 4 to 7 days prior to date of activity.
- - 100% cancellation Fee (No reimbursement): Less than 4 days before the date of activity.