This popular excursion introduces you to some of the best-known natural phenomena in Iceland.
We will visit the Nesjavellir power plant, a high temperature geothermal area situated in the picturesque landscape of Lake Žingvallavatn. From there we enter Žingvellir National Park, where the Icelandic parliament Alžingi was founded in 930 AD, which makes it the oldest known functioning parliament in the world. Geologically it is also unique as the American and European tectonic plates meet here. These continents are slowly drifting apart, which you will see clearly when you visit.
We continue to the beautiful waterfall Gullfoss (English: Golden Waterfall) and from there to the geothermal area around the incredible spouting hot springs of Geysir and Strokkur. We will then proceed to Skįlholt church, the ancient seat of the Icelandic bishops. On our way back we we will travel through fertile agricultural areas to Hveragerši, a small and charming horticultural village.
Due to weather and road conditions we cannot guarantee visits to Nesjavellir in the wintertime.
-French - every Monday
-Scandinavian - every Friday
-German - every Saturday
- Pick-up and drop-off at hotel or guesthouse in Reykjavik
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
- Visits to Nesjavellir in the wintertime are not guaranteed due to weather and road conditions
- Pick-up from selected hotels must be confirmed with local operator at least 24 hours before departure. Contact information will be provided on the voucher.
- Children 11 years old and younger are free. Applicable when child is accompanied by full-paying adult.
- Maximum of 2 children / youth per full paying adult.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.