After leaving the capital we head to the Reykjanes peninsula where the mid Atlantic ridge rises from the ocean. More than half of the peninsula is covered with lava flows, some of which are only a few hundred years old. You will see lava cones and craters of different sizes and shapes. We will visit the bridge between the continents and walk the bridge from one continent to the other.
We then head for the lighthouse on the westernmost tip of the peninsula. This is a magnificent area with rich bird life in the summer. Eldey Island, just off the point at "lands end", is the home of one of the largest breeding colonies of the magnificent Northern Gannet. You can feel the forces of nature and hear the surf crashing at the beautiful basaltic cliffs. It's simply magical! From there we continue through the lava fields to a nearby fishing village of Grindavík.
Our final stop is at the Blue Lagoon, where passengers have three different options:
- a bathe in the lovely Blue Lagoon with a return to Reykjavík at 15:00, 17:15 or 19:00.
- transfer to Keflavík International Airport at 12:00, 14:00 or 15:00.
- return back to the city of Reykjavik at 12:00.
- Complimentary pick-up service from your hotel or guesthouse in Reykjavik at 07:30
- Bathing fee to the Blue Lagoon
- Meals and drinks (unless specified)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
- Departures from Blue Lagoon to Reykjavik (50 minute drive) are 12:00, 15:00, 17:15, 19:00.
- Departures from Blue Lagoon to Keflavik Airport (20 minute drive) are 12:00, 14:00, 15:00.
- You can choose between any of these 3 departures from Blue Lagoon. The return trip does not have to be booked at the time you book your tour. Just tell the driver on your way to the Blue Lagoon which bus you would like to take to help us plan.
- Passengers taking the bus to the Airport or back to Reykjavik at 12:00 have no time to bathe at the Blue Lagoon.
- All those going to Keflavík International Airport can be assured that your luggage is safely kept in the bus while you enjoy the amenities the Blue Lagoon has to offer.
- Children from 0-11 years are free. Applicable when child is accompanied by full-paying adult.
- Maximum of 2 children / youth per full paying adult.
- Passengers are dropped off at their hotels or guesthouses at the end of the tour.
Your Confirmation Voucher includes full information (e.g. local telephone numbers) about the Local Operator. To ensure your peace of mind, we select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination.
You can book in 3 easy steps!
1. Select date and number of persons. You will be redirected to the Shopping Cart Page.
2. On the Shopping Cart Page, continue shopping or check out.
3. Enter basic travel, name, and payment information in the Check-out Form.
Upon booking, you will receive a voucher by email containing all details about the tour. You can check the status of your booking at anytime.
After you book
Please print the electronic voucher sent to you. It contains the operator's complete contact details and local telephone numbers. Give the voucher to the operator on the day of the activity.
What if I need to change or cancel my booking?
That's ok. We will try to be as flexible as possible. But you must inform us by email of the change or cancellation as soon as possible. The appropriate amount will be credited back to your credit card account. Contact our Customer Service for help with changes or cancellations. Or read our Cancellation Policy.